What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Updates Not There !!

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,

My IPAD 2 and my Wife's keeps saying you have 3 app updates. Going to the update screen it then says "all apps are up to date" and the notification goes away.

Happens at least 3 times a day......What's going on now??

Thanks, Ken

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,

My IPAD 2 and my Wife's keeps saying you have 3 app updates. Going to the update screen it then says "all apps are up to date" and the notification goes away.

Happens at least 3 times a day......What's going on now??

Thanks, Ken

You're not alone, I've had this happen to me twice since the release of iOS 7. I'm thinking there may be a glitch in the icon badge count.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi all, My IPAD 2 and my Wife's keeps saying you have 3 app updates. Going to the update screen it then says "all apps are up to date" and the notification goes away.

Happens at least 3 times a day......What's going on now?? Thanks, Ken

Hi Ken - let me first ask and wait for a response - have you upgraded to iOS 7 yet? I delayed my upgrade until a day ago and before going to iOS 7, I was getting repeated notices of 'app updates' to experience what you described - I'm assuming that when I went to the App Store and the badge numbers disappeared, that the updates were for the newest iOS? At least, my thought? Dave :)

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Ken - let me first ask and wait for a response - have you upgraded to iOS 7 yet? I delayed my upgrade until a day ago and before going to iOS 7, I was getting repeated notices of 'app updates' to experience what you described - I'm assuming that when I went to the App Store and the badge numbers disappeared, that the updates were for the newest iOS? At least, my thought? Dave :)

No Dave, it's not 7, using whatever came before that.....version 6.1.3 I think. Seemed to begin when 7 became available.....Thanks, Ken

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No Dave, it's not 7, using whatever came before that.....version 6.1.3 I think. Seemed to begin when 7 became available.....Thanks, Ken

Hi again Ken - well as I said when my iPad was still running iOS 6.x, I had the same notices that disappeared upon going to the App store, suspect because the updates were for iOS 7.x - after I upgraded to the latest iOS, the notices have stopped - now iTunes in iOS 7.x can be setup to automatically (or not) download new updates, if desired (Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads). Dave

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi again Ken - well as I said when my iPad was still running iOS 6.x, I had the same notices that disappeared upon going to the App store, suspect because the updates were for iOS 7.x - after I upgraded to the latest iOS, the notices have stopped - now iTunes in iOS 7.x can be setup to automatically (or not) download new updates, if desired (Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads). Dave

Thanks again Dave....well...might take a chance and load 7 !! Ken

Lulubird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this same thing happen. I had read to be sure all apps were updated before getting ios7. Finally thought to go to purchases and it showed which updates were waiting so I downloaded them easily from the purchases page. Still haven't gone to ios7 but at least updates seem to be working just fine.

Most reactions

Latest posts