What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update means no Yahoo Mail..help!

huskerken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated the IPad 2 with IOS6 update...now..I can't get to Yahoo Mail.

After putting in password, the next screen pops up for a split sec, then goes back to screen needing pword (username is already filled in)...Frustration on this is making my head explode...

What should I do? Looked in settings..no probs before the update...thanks all!

Ken

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No guarantees this is the problem, but password authentication problems with Yahoo are fairly common. It usually corrects itself in a day or two. In the mean time, the mobile email site isn't a terrible alternative.

If you have not done so, completely deleting the account (on the iPad) and re-adding it sometimes works.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No guarantees this is the problem, but password authentication problems with Yahoo are fairly common. It usually corrects itself in a day or two. In the mean time, the mobile email site isn't a terrible alternative.

If you have not done so, completely deleting the account (on the iPad) and re-adding it sometimes works.

Someone hacked my Yahoo e-mail a while back, they sent mail to everyone in my contact folder with a sales offer. It looked as if I had sent it to them. Some people contacted Yahoo and they shut my mail down. It took a lot of doing with Yahoo, to get a new password working and my mail returned.

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I also had the same issues with yahoo mail, I ended up having to close my yahoo account and start again with a new one.

Paul

OP
H

huskerken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And here's a twist to this...

Wife and I also own a laptop (Dell), that has no problems with Yahoo Mail...and also..the IPad 2 had no problems with Yahoo Mail prior to updating to IOS6..thanks!

bucky6432

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The yahoo mail issue is solved by Yahoo:

Go to settings safari. and delete cookies log on to yahoo mail

Most reactions