What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad - App Store notification won't go away

iCan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone

finally got my 32gb WiFi + 3G ipad2 ... yay!!

Anyway - logged into my apple id on my ipad for the app store - no problems - download apps fine...

i then synced my ipad today for the first time with my work laptop which was owned by the girl before me who had an apple ID for her work phone - well I synced her apps onto my ipad... of course she had it over a year ago and they all needed updated (11 of them)

I couldn't update them because I don't know her apple id password - so I just deleted all the apps

But the app store icon still keeps coming up with the notifications bubble saying 11.... I've deleted the apps so can't update... so when I enter there's nothing to update...

The bubble goes away after I go into the app store - but wen I go into another app such as mail or calendar and then exit it - i still get the stupid notification bubble to update the 11 apps??? :confused::confused:

Please help - it's so annoying!!

Thank You in advance - hope someone can help me!

P.S I LOVE MY IPAD2 - thank you to this forum before and after as I've had some good advice about buying it etc...

OP
iCan

iCan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried that - didn't work :(

Also tried logging in and out of app store :(

Still coming up

magicbytim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try going to settings and store. There is a listed iTunes account there. It may be someone else. Log off and log on as you and might fix your problem.

OP
iCan

iCan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried that - was just my account....this is so frustrating - may email apple support :(

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go into the App Store and make sure it is your Apple ID at the bottom left of the main page.

You can also try a reset, if you have not done so yet.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
iCan

iCan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems to have stopped now. Hasn't happened at all today. Thanks guys for the help!! :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions