What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Partial IPAD Audio

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,

My Wife's IPAD 2 developed a weird situation.

Some game apps have audio and some don't!! Also, the "received mail" audio notification doesn't work either.

On the apps that do work, the volume will go up/down. The headphones don't work!

I could see all or nothing working but some just some??

All the audio functions are on. I read some previous posts. Full reboot didn't help as well as the lock rotate deal.

Any info appreciated....Ken

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Chances are good that you've got Mute on.

Depending on what you have set in Settings > General > Set Side Switch To: The mute will either be the slide switch next to the volume buttons, or a bell icon in the Control Panel (the panel you slide up from the bottom of the screen).

Mute does not turn off all volume. It's designed to silence alarms and other system sounds, so they don't embarrass you at meetings or other public-be-quiet areas. Most music and audio apps are not affected. Games tend to go either way, depending on the developer.

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Chances are good that you've got Mute on.

Depending on what you have set in Settings > General > Set Side Switch To: The mute will either be the slide switch next to the volume buttons, or a bell icon in the Control Panel (the panel you slide up from the bottom of the screen).

Mute does not turn off all volume. It's designed to silence alarms and other system sounds, so they don't embarrass you at meetings or other public-be-quiet areas. Most music and audio apps are not affected. Games tend to go either way, depending on the developer.

Thank you very much.....that was the solution!! Ken

Most reactions

Latest posts