What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App update issue.

Carlotsal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, change the date on your iPad. Sounds weird, but helps sometimes.

Or reset (other kind of reset): in Settings - General - Reset - Reset all Settings.

Current software on iPad should be 6.1.3.

And just to make sure: all of you have tried updating in iTunes on your computer, not the iPad, and then synced to the iPad?

This did work, the reset. But now I am not hearing any sounds. They are set for mail, Facebook, etc. but I hear nothing. I had typing sounds too. Do I need to do something to get them back? I got it now. I had the lock on for rotation and it put it back to mute!

Last edited:

framus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's exactly what I've got going on too, 5 updates alerted but none listed on the page. Will stop all of the rebooting, changing the time, logout/in and iTunes syncs now and just wait a bit. The alerts are taunting though :)

Thanks for the info!

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Open the App Store app, tap the Purchased tab, and work your way through the alphabetical listings, looking for UPDATE buttons to tap. Sheesh, it's tedious, but it will clear the badge.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Open the App Store app, tap the Purchased tab, and work your way through the alphabetical listings, looking for UPDATE buttons to tap. Sheesh, it's tedious, but it will clear the badge.

That's exactly what I've had to do for the last couple of days when updating my apps.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am now going to move this to the Help Section, since this isn't exclusive only to iPad 2s.

Thanks,

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

DixieLily

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 with iOS 6.1.3.
I've had this problem for almost a week. And it's driving me nuts. Even if I go into purchased to update my apps there's still a badge showing up and I've tried everything posted before me. Nothing on cloud is waiting to be updated.

I have an iPhone 4S with 6.1.3 and it has no problems updating on wifi or 3G.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 with iOS 6.1.3.
I've had this problem for almost a week. And it's driving me nuts. Even if I go into purchased to update my apps there's still a badge showing up and I've tried everything posted before me. Nothing on cloud is waiting to be updated.

I have an iPhone 4S with 6.1.3 and it has no problems updating on wifi or 3G.

Have you tried looking in the list of purchased iPhone apps as well as the purchased iPad apps list?

dhorne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My App Store is showing I have 4 updates. When I hit update, it's buffering and not showing what needs updating...it's not letting me update...anyone else having this problem? What can I do? HELP!!!

I'm having this problems too!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having this problems too!

Have you tried the work around offered in this thread, of going to your apps purchased list and going through the entire list to find the ones with the update button? You then tap on the button to manually update the app. Hopefully this will help until the update feature is restored to working condition.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow I updated 10 apps yesterday with no problem. Wonder why so many people were experiencing problems?

Enova

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too have the same problem, App Store showing 3 updates but the screen is blank. I'm using iPad2 with the latest software (6.1.3?). My iPhone5 has no issues.
I tried updating each app separately under the Purchased tab as was advised in this forum, however, was only able to find one out of four apps that supposedly had to be updated. All the other ones have either an iCloud icon next to it, or 'open'. Not a single one has an 'update' option. I believe this started three days ago.. Apparently this is on Apple's end. Kind of annoying that it's not possible to get those red numbers go away.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Kind of annoying that it's not possible to get those red numbers go away.

You could move the App Store app to your last Home screen. Out of sight, out of mind...

kmcgregor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also having issues with updates showing. States i have three, but nothing showing. I have tried everything suggested except reset all settings. Resetting everything makes me nervous. Please post what you findout from Apple. Thanks.

UPDATE: I reset all settings and the number of updates disappeared. I will have to wait now to see if it happens again.

UPDATE 2: the number is back but still shows a big fat nothing.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts