What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App update issue.

Charbarot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My App Store is showing I have 4 updates. When I hit update, it's buffering and not showing what needs updating...it's not letting me update...anyone else having this problem? What can I do? HELP!!!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My App Store is showing I have 4 updates. When I hit update, it's buffering and not showing what needs updating...it's not letting me update...anyone else having this problem? What can I do? HELP!!!

First of all, restart the iPad (turn off and on again), reset it (press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears) and clear the multitask bar (double press the Home button to reveal it, then tap and hold an app until it starts to wiggle and delete them all).

You could also try to sign out in App Store - Featured, then sign in again with your Apple ID.
Or set your iPad to Airplane Mode in Settings, wait for a few minutes and turn off Airplane Mode again.

If everything suggested fails try to update the apps through iTunes on your computer and sync to your iPad afterwards.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Make sure also that your iPad is decently charged or plugged got the main. In addition, make sure your wifi has a strong signal to start the updates.

Good luck and let us know.

OP
C

Charbarot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried all of the ideas offered. It's almost like the update icon doesn't work. I'll have to call apple. It's been working fine. I have no idea what's going on.

Brighteyes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem and have tried all of the suggestions and continue to just get the buffering but no update. I can access everything in the app store just the update isn't working

OP
C

Charbarot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is fairly new...got it for Christmas. I'll be calling Apple support tomorrow. It's almost like the touch pad isn't working....they will be replacing my iPad.

quiettday

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I have tried all the above suggestions, but I am still unable to update my apps. Any further suggestions anyone?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, change the date on your iPad. Sounds weird, but helps sometimes.

Or reset (other kind of reset): in Settings - General - Reset - Reset all Settings.

Current software on iPad should be 6.1.3.

And just to make sure: all of you have tried updating in iTunes on your computer, not the iPad, and then synced to the iPad?

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPad 4, which is on iOS 6.1.3 will not allow or even show my available app updates. My iPhone 4S, which is on iOS 7 beta 3 updated 5 apps just now without a problem. I just checked the Apple system status page and there are no reported issues.

OP
C

Charbarot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll be contacting apple tomorrow...have to get ready for work....I'll let you know if I find out anything

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried all of the ideas offered. It's almost like the update icon doesn't work. I'll have to call apple. It's been working fine. I have no idea what's going on.

You've also connected it to your computer and tried to update through iTunes?

Also--check to see if you have any pod casts that are also being being updated. Sometimes by deleting that it will get everything else started.

OP
C

Charbarot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did try synching through my computer....they still didn't update....

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know how to update on my computer and then synch to Ipad

Open iTunes on your computer, click "Music" (upper left), then choose "Apps".
You should see your apps then. In the lower right, there should be a button: "... (Number) updates available". Click that one. Then you'll have to search for "Download all free updates".
A popup will appear, you'll have to sign in with your Apple ID and password. Then the apps should begin updating.
That done, plug in your iPad. The sync should start automatically.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions