What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App update issue.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am also having issues with updates showing. States i have three, but nothing showing. I have tried everything suggested except reset all settings. Resetting everything makes me nervous. Please post what you findout from Apple. Thanks.

UPDATE: I reset all settings and the number of updates disappeared. I will have to wait now to see if it happens again.

UPDATE 2: the number is back but still shows a big fat nothing.

When you looked in your list of purchased apps, did you look for iPhone apps as well as iPad apps? Also, did you do an alphabetical search through the purchased lists?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It could very well be a regional issue, but I see no way for us to track it unless we know the regions or places people with problems are in. I've been having zero problems on my 3 iDevices. In fact, I kind of wish I got fewer updates. I have come to hate the badges and which apps would just update automatically or not bother me until I ask.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It could very well be a regional issue, but I see no way for us to track it unless we know the regions or places people with problems are in. I've been having zero problems on my 3 iDevices. In fact, I kind of wish I got fewer updates. I have come to hate the badges and which apps would just update automatically or not bother me until I ask.

Your wish will be granted with the release of iOS 7. iOS 7 gives you the option of having all your apps update automatically. In the AppStore updates section, you can then see a list of recently updated apps.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your wish will be granted with the release of iOS 7. iOS 7 gives you the option of having all your apps update automatically. In the AppStore updates section, you can then see a list of recently updated apps.

What about if I don't want a given app to update? Or what if I want no updates?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What about if I don't want a given app to update? Or what if I want no updates?
You can turn off the automatic update feature if you wish. In that case, you have to manually update whichever apps you chose, just like you do now.

image-2910529428.jpg This is found in Settings>iTunes&App Stores in iOS 7.

Last edited:

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I forgot to check the iPhone apps thanks for that tip! Glad there is someway to update the apps even if it takes longer!

framus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Open the App Store app, tap the Purchased tab, and work your way through the alphabetical listings, looking for UPDATE buttons to tap. Sheesh, it's tedious, but it will clear the badge.

Thanks for this tip!

navygirl43

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I sign out of the App Store? Also I don't have an iTunes account on my ipad.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This morning, the App Store icon showed a "2" badge. I opened it, and...lo and behold, there were two app updates waiting, instead of a white screen. Perhaps it's fixed.

BTW, regarding automatic updates, one of the updates was for Documents by Readdle, and it carried this note: "WARNING: DO NOT UPDATE TO THIS VERSION IF YOU USE ICLOUD." I would think twice before enabling auto updates in iOS 7.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How do I sign out of the App Store? Also I don't have an iTunes account on my ipad.

1. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores
2. At the top of the right pane, tap on your Apple ID and choose "Sign out"

You can use the same Apple ID for iTunes that you used to access the App Store.

vernesha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue, I have the 4th generation but my tech support just expired ugh.....I'd appreciate any help when u find a solution.

klhink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try looking at the iPhone apps in your purchased list, the remaining app awaiting update may be there.

Thanks, your patience is appreciated. That worked for me.
I'm curious...(really new to Apple products - belong to that other cult err..group), but instead of being a 'regional' issue, is it possibly that specific server(s) are affected?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, your patience is appreciated. That worked for me.
I'm curious...(really new to Apple products - belong to that other cult err..group), but instead of being a 'regional' issue, is it possibly that specific server(s) are affected?

If you mean Apple servers, you're probably right as members in some countries are not affected.

Enova

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPDATE: I reset all settings and the number of updates disappeared. I will have to wait now to see if it happens again.

UPDATE 2: the number is back but still shows a big fat nothing.

I did the same thing: reset all settings, the red badge disappeared, however it came back within couple minutes and the updates screen is still blank. I checked under Purchased again, both iPad and iPhone apps, also did alphabetically one by one and still no apps appear to waiting to be updated.. I might just move the App Store app all the way to be last page to get it out of sight.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now here's something strange. My iPad 3 now lets me update apps normally, but my iPad 4 still requires that I use the purchased list workaround. Both iPads are on iOS 6.1.3.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts