What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store icon disappeared from iPad

JStraw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, the title pretty much says it all...I went to browse some apps earlier, and realized that the App Store icon is completely gone from the iPad. I even tried the spotlight search, but no luck...anybody know what I can do?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

The App Store icon can not be removed from an iPad since it is supplied by Apple and they simply will not allow it! The only way to make it disappear would be to use the restrictions in Settings that shut off the ability to install apps.

The other question I gotta ask... is your iPad jailbroken?

azizriadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to Settings then reset as factory default. No Data or Media will be deleted....then the icon will appear again...

manishgarg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to Settings then reset as factory default. No Data or Media will be deleted....then the icon will appear again...

Hi,

I am installing my app on iPad, it is getting installed but icon is getting disappeared. If I got to settings and do reset home screen layout, I can see the icon. What could be the issue. I can't ask user to do it.

drdeokar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
App Store icon

Disable any restrictions on adding the applications, and it will come back in a moment. You can still have restrictions on deleting applications.

Last edited:

lauryn11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh! Pretty interesting thread about App Store. Meanwhile, Mac computers have a new source this year for programs. The shop is one of several sources. The Mac App Store is a way for programmers to distribute their full-scale computer products. This just demonstrates people care more about the application than the machine the application is on. Edited by Moderator - no external links, especially to businesses

Last edited by a moderator:

FSPACE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Go to IPad/IPhone settings
2. Select General tab
3. Select Restrictions tab
4. Enter Passcode to make changes
5. Turn on "Installing Apps" feature
6. Exit Settings
7. Scroll/Search for App Store within IPad/IPhone Apps

SailFree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, the iPad App Store app can vanish--mine disappeared after I upgraded to IOS5. I'm trying to get it back now, as can't add new apps without it, it seems. Reboot didn't work, sync didn't work, no restrictions had been set, had two icons (last two attempted downloads) saying "waiting" incessantly. The "connect to iTunes" screen remained on and unchanged even though connected to computer and iTunes seemed to proceed with sync correctly. Apps screen on iTunes was dimmed, couldn't change settings.

Right now trying RESTORE and then re-sync. Maybe that will work?

Last edited:

Witchblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem here with iPad2

I've had the iPad for less than two months. I turned it on today, and no App Store app to be found.Restrictions are turned off - I never touched them actually.I tried restarting, tried resynching with iTunes, and tried resetting it with no luck.I'm afraid to reset to system defaults. There are quite a few options, and I'm not comfortable with which one I should select.I've also been having issues where after I sync with iTunes, none of my installed apps open. I click on them, the screen goes black, and then the iPad returns me to the page I was on.

nwalley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This just happened to me and the recommendation here from 'iPad Charlie' worked straight away. I had somehow turned off the 'allow download apps' function in Settings. (I might have done it when I lent it to my kids). Anyway, this is not an error, just a simple settings function to change.

nodrogkooc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks ipadcharlie

"The only way to make it disappear would be to use the restrictions in Settings that shut off the ability to install apps." completely forgot I had done this....

Most reactions

Latest posts