What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Apple Podcast icon has disappeared

ndouglas00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am completely new to the forum so I hope this question is in the right place. My Apple Podcast icon has disappeared from the screens where all my icons are located. I can still get to my podcasts by going to the APP Store where the Apple Podcast is available to open, but this is rather cumbersome. I would like to have the icon for Podcasts back with my other icons, but don't know how to do it. Perhaps sometime in the past I inadvertently deleted it. It still shows up as being present in the setting list. I am on the road, outside of the U. S. so have no access to my home computer. Thanks for any tips.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I have given your post it's own thread so as to help you better and not to interrupt the other ongoing thread you had posted in, which by the way is against those pesky rules of ours. ;). So please start a new thread for any questions you may have, that is after doing a search first.

Now to your question.....the app must still be on your iPad if you can access it by way of the App Store. Are all your screens full? Once you fill all the available screens on an iPad any extra apps you then download will not be shown, they are in the nether somewhere and can be accessed by doing a Search......the answer to this is to make some folders so as to free up screen space.....other apps you have downloaded will then show up.

If this is not the case could you have inadvertently changed it's screen location? Once a screen is full it will kick other apps to the next page when you are moving apps around.....it's a fairly easy thing to do by accident.....so have a look on each screen.

If still no joy, try a reset of your iPad and see if that makes a difference.

Reset - Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

And just FYI.....you can search your iPad for apps by placing your finger in the middle of a screen and pull down on the screen.....a Search tab will appear at the top of your iPad.

Let us know how you go.

OP
N

ndouglas00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found it thanks to your tip about the search function for APPS pulled down from the center. It was in a 2nd screen of a collection of APPS that I had that I seldom use and I had not seen the little dots at the bottom of the screen to indicate a 2nd screen. Thank you for your help.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I found it thanks to your tip about the search function for APPS pulled down from the center. It was in a 2nd screen of a collection of APPS that I had that I seldom use and I had not seen the little dots at the bottom of the screen to indicate a 2nd screen. Thank you for your help.

You're very welcome! Just glad you found your app!

You can have up to 15 screens for apps.....I've just tried it myself to see how many Apple allows...... It used to be a smaller number but I guess this has now changed for those who just love apps! ;)

You can also press those dots you mentioned to reach another screen rather than swiping also. I just love those little shortcuts!

Enjoy!!

Most reactions

Latest posts