What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App downloads from Appstore - duplication

vassili

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a ipad Wifi model...to optimize my data download costs on my relatively expensive wifi connection, i buy apps from the appstore on my pc using itunes which is then synced successfully with the ipad. This has worked well for me so far.

The only problem is that when i connect my iPad directly to a wifi source...i find that the apps that are already installed start downloading all over again. This defeats the purpose of having downloaded it on pc and using sync to install it to iPad. The cost of data transfer on my wifi begins to hurt when this happens as some of the gaming apps are around 500MB.

Not sure why this duplication happens, please suggest if there is a way to stop this from happening? Thanks

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check your settings on store. You probably want them set to NOT download automatically to other devices. The setting is in iTunes on the computer and in settings on the iPad.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you set your iPad up to your WiFi router?

If not do do so ASAP you cab then use your home broadband instead of costly G3

Most reactions

Latest posts