1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

App downloads from Appstore - duplication

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by vassili, Aug 29, 2011.

1. vassili

vassili iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I have a ipad Wifi model...to optimize my data download costs on my relatively expensive wifi connection, i buy apps from the appstore on my pc using itunes which is then synced successfully with the ipad. This has worked well for me so far.

The only problem is that when i connect my iPad directly to a wifi source...i find that the apps that are already installed start downloading all over again. This defeats the purpose of having downloaded it on pc and using sync to install it to iPad. The cost of data transfer on my wifi begins to hurt when this happens as some of the gaming apps are around 500MB.

Not sure why this duplication happens, please suggest if there is a way to stop this from happening? Thanks
  2. Czevski

Czevski iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +254 / 0
    Check your settings on store. You probably want them set to NOT download automatically to other devices. The setting is in iTunes on the computer and in settings on the iPad.
  3. ipadbraincell

ipadbraincell iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Have you set your iPad up to your WiFi router?

If not do do so ASAP you cab then use your home broadband instead of costly G3