1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

ITunes on PC doesn't recognize by iPad 2 pairing

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Roger1122, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Roger1122

Roger1122 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just downloaded iOS5 after uploading recent app. purchases to my PC and then syncing the iPad to the PC. I also backed up the iPad before attempting to install the new OS. As the room where I was doing this is some way from the WiFi box, the WiFi connection is a bit iffy, and sure enough I got a message saying if you can't connect via WiFi, plug into your PC and use iTunes, but iTunes refuses to recognize my iPad, giving the message about not being paired.

I took the iPad to the same room as the WiFi box and was able to set up the iPad as a new one, and fortunately all my photos are already there, but I hate to think I will have to download and tweak all my apps again. How can I get the PC to recognize that it should be paired with my iPad?

Roger

PS That should be "my" not "by" in the title. I do hope someone can help me. In the meantime I am downloading and reinstalling my apps but I would hate to have to repeat all the sorting and folder creation/naming for hundreds of photos!
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  2. Roger1122

Roger1122 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Disappointed to get no reply. Was my question unclear? Or is there simply no answer?

Roger