1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Duplicate calendar events

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Sammy73, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Sammy73

Sammy73 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

iPad newbie here.

I synced my iPad with my laptop and something very weird happened with my calendar events...

All of the events from my PC have gone!! (they originated from there), but they are duplicated three times in the iCloud calendars...

I have no idea what's going on...I've probably got it set up all wrong...can someone please give me some advice on how best to organise and sync my calendars between my pc, iPad and iPhone so I don't have three of everything!

Thanks in advance
  2. poqal

poqal iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had a similar problem. I gave up on iCloud on all devices. Now I get duplicated of recurring events when I sync with a usb. Let us know if you get it sorted. Thanks
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,913 / 1
    First of all, you need to pick one source to sync to and from. Never set things so that one syncs to this, that syncs to that, to the other. This tends to end up creating loops and duplicate entries.

So, if you are going to sync with iCloud, the computer should sync to iCloud, and the iPad should sync to iCloud. The iPad and computer should never try to sync directly to each other.

So, first visit iCloud.com on the computer and see if the contacts are there.

If they are, then undo whatever syncing you did between your computer and iPad (in the iTunes Info tab I'm guessing).

Use the iCloud tool to set up your computer to sync. Use the Settings > iCloud on the iPad to set it up there.

There are a few ways that you might be able to play around and get rid of the duplicate entries, but I'm afraid to suggest them and have you delete it all by accident. I suggest doing it manually for now, and count it a lesson learned.