What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone know of a mobile hotspot plan that beats using the integrated 4G?

dogdays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Call me cheap, frugal, whatever, I don't want to shell out big bucks for data. Currently I have a phone I hardly use, with no data or texting at all, so I'm open to all options. It could be a dedicated mobile hotspot, or a smartphone with wifi sharing enabled. Anyone got a good deal on something around 5GB/mnth data at 4G speeds? It can be standalone or a package with talk minutes as well, though I hardly use them.
Thanks!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dogdays said:
Call me cheap, frugal, whatever, I don't want to shell out big bucks for data. Currently I have a phone I hardly use, with no data or texting at all, so I'm open to all options. It could be a dedicated mobile hotspot, or a smartphone with wifi sharing enabled. Anyone got a good deal on something around 5GB/mnth data at 4G speeds? It can be standalone or a package with talk minutes as well, though I hardly use them.
Thanks!

I tether my iPad to my iPhone for 3G data via Verizon for 20.00 for 2GB per month. How do you share wifi though?? If you have a wireless router at home you can use that for both your iPhone and iPad. Check with your cell phone provider. Or get some sort of device i.e. mifi from Verizon. I don't know what the other wireless providers offer. You would have to check online. 5GB will never be super cheap as separate iPad 3G data for 2GB is 30.00 on Verizon.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I carry a hotspot I pay 39.95 a month unlimited .. Contact your phone and local cable. My cable company had a better deal

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an unlimited plan too, but they don't offer it anymore with verizon. The new ones are the ones that run around $50.

OP
D

dogdays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Patrizia_NC, which cable company had that rate, $39.95? Is it 4G?

Hi Patrizia_NC, which cable company had that rate, $39.95? Is it 4G?

I carry a hotspot I pay 39.95 a month unlimited .. Contact your phone and local cable. My cable company had a better deal

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is. 4G. It was Time Warner Cable. The rate is only six months. Then it goes to 49.95. I got mine in Dec.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patrizia_NC said:

Who is your provider?

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

RedJohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do some research on...CLEAR. 4G, unlimited data, $34.99 month (no contract). I've been with them for 6 mos...no problems or compaints so far. CK'em out!

Most reactions

Latest posts