What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone buying applecare+ on ipad air 2?

delirium trigger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine new iPad from Verizon, the 10 dollar a month thing is what I pay. Covers everything. I do the edge program, so I get the new iPad every year, or when 60% of it is paid, I upgrade. The 10 dollar program they have covers more than apple care. Since apple care comes with the device for one year, I will be upgrading by then anyway.

Before the edge program, I would have never thought about buying an LTE iPad. I would just stick with wifi and go cheaper.

But considering, I get a new iPad every year, and I only pay 30 dollars a month for a 128GB with LTE, it's worth it.

Always get Applecare on your Mac's though! I made that mistake a few times. I got to remember to get it on my new retina macbook pro before the year is up.

Canuckgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Knock on wood, I'm very careful with my devices. I haven't purchased Apple care for the tablets. I did for my iphone 6. It cost more and it feels more delicate. It was also slippery until I put on a very lightweight cover.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought Apple Care + and I repair iPad displays on a regular basis. I think it's worth the peace of mind. The Air 2 has the LCD and touch screen fused together and will be an expensive repair if the glass breaks ( I think the parts alone range from $175 - $250). Also the Lightning port is soldered to the logic board which equals another costly repair if anything happens. Plus, the Home button / touch ID cannot be replaced if damaged. All iin all as awesome as the Air 2 is, the repairability is low. Applecare guarantees that if anything happens in the next couple of years, I've got little to worry about.

Most reactions

Latest posts