anyone buying applecare+ on ipad air 2?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by ljmart, Oct 24, 2014.

1. ljmart

ljmart
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    curious how many of you are adding the extended coverage?

my new Air 2 (finally upgrading from original ipad2!) should be here next week but unsure if i should spend ANOTHER $100 bucks!? with so many new changes i sort of feel like i should...but i really don't want to spend that much more...

2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Every since they added the accident insurance I've purchased AppleCare with all my iOS devices. If nothing else it keeps me from panicking when I, inevitably, drop a device.

Now I just start to panic, then remember that I'll only have to pay a fraction of the price to replace it if it's broke.

So, it's all peace of mind at this point. I've never had to use it.

Well, I did use the tech support once, when all my iCloud documents disappeared. I didn't really have to, but since I was paying anyway I figured I'd see how they did things; instead of just muddling through myself. I do keep backups. As a bonus, I got an extra year free on my iCloud Storage plan by way of apology.

3. ljmart

ljmart
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    i go back and forth whether to get it or not...the $650 price is killing me already! think i'm going on about 4 years now and never dropped it...but the first one i bought started having a weird screen issue..TWO days before the one yr warranty was up! i was lucky...but the new untested gen does have me a little nervous. decisions decisions!

thanks for your input!

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    No problem. It's always a hard decision whether to pay for extra coverage. I've gotten into the habit of planing the extra $100 from the beginning. It helps if I don't keep second guessing myself. :)

5. dasipad2

dasipad2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Verizon offers a "Total Protection Plan" on devices purchased through them for $10/month....
    It's what I'm using for my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2......Repair or replacement for as long as the device is linked to a Verizon plan......

6. n4uau

n4uau
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I bought Apple care because I have used it on my Mac and find they are good with support.

7. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I make it a point to buy the applecare+ for all my devices. Like Twerppoet, I feel better about doing it. It gives me that added sense of protection for my device.

When I first bought my iPhone 5, I opted for the Verizon protection plan. However, I didn't like the deductible you'd have to pay for a replacement if your device went bad. I dropped that and went with Applecare. It certainly paid off, last May when my battery was faulty. Apple replaced me with a new one, without charge! I was a happy camper! :)

8. ljmart

ljmart
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    ahh the battery! ok cool...just the type of stuff i need to hear. and just too much at risk for me to be comfortable with...ugh...gotta get it! thanks everyone :)

9. j4quattro

j4quattro
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    No. Ripoff.

10. Sean8500

Sean8500
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Nah...square trade less money longer term ADH...tech support can be handled by yourself through Google searches forums FAQs etc...