What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 activation

yakka6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gave my ipad to my wife and she only uses it to play games just recently it auto updated and then locked her out asking for activation but the account we set up for her does not work. It is asking for my original username and password but I have changed my email and so it does not work and I can't remember the password anyway as I have had a lot of trouble over the years trying to change my email address on the device and so had to change the password on a few occasions. I deactivated it in itunes and now I can't even open itunes
Can anyone help before I throw the stupid thing in the river

Eddie K

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can prove that the iPad belongs to you (billing), Apple might be able to help. Visit the next Apple Retail Store, and don’t forget to bring the bill.

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another idea you can try if visiting the Apple Store is not a viable choice:
If your wife has an iPhone running the same Apple ID go to the App Store and download the Apple support app to the iPhone.
Let the app do its thing and auto set itself up
You then see a list of all Apple products running,on that ID. Navigate through the questions and choice ID issues. You can elect to do a chat with Apple (Typing a lot on an iPhone could be difficult) so choice the option to get a phone call from Apple, and choice either now, or set up a time to receive the call. Apple is most helpful in helping,over the phone solving these issues. 7ou can also try this app on your devise and setting up the phone call.

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In the end if you do decide to dispose of your iPad Apple will take it back from you and remove any environmentally unfriendly components and then dispose of it.
Throwing it in your nearest river is in this day and age not a sensible idea.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope Apple can straighten out your problem.

iOS devices do not auto update. The update will download if the iPad is connected to the charger, asleep, and connected to WiFi. The update itself has to be done manually by tapping on the install button.
The problems people have in changing their Apple ID email address is why you should never use an email address tied to your ISP or place of employment. For myself, I use a Yahoo email address.
You might want to remember this for the future.

OP
Y

yakka6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the end if you do decide to dispose of your iPad Apple will take it back from you and remove any environmentally unfriendly components and then dispose of it.
Throwing it in your nearest river is in this day and age not a sensible idea.

Thanks guys for your advice, I wasn't really going to throw it in the river it is just that I am so frustrated with it I think my next move is to visit an Apple Store

Most reactions

Latest posts