What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need help activating an iPad

torr61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I came into possession of an iPad 2 Wi-Fi 16GB, and for the longest time I tried to reach the original owner. Recently I learned that she had passed away. And now without being able to contact the original owner or next of kin, Apple is absolutely unable to do anything at all as far as transferring ownership to me or to delete her account which would free up the activation lock on icloud.

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I came into possession of an iPad 2 Wi-Fi 16GB, and for the longest time I tried to reach the original owner. Recently I learned that she had passed away. And now without being able to contact the original owner or next of kin, Apple is absolutely unable to do anything at all as far as transferring ownership to me or to delete her account which would free up the activation lock on icloud.
I'm afraid that there is no way to activate the iPad without the original owner's Apple ID and password. There is no workaround that would allow you to bypass the activation lock. I would advise you to make every effort to return the iPad to the family of the original owner as it can never be used in it's current state.

P.S. I've moved your post to it's own thread as you were hijacking another thread, which is not allowed under our rules. The personal info about the original owner has also been deleted.

Most reactions