What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alert Alert Alert

kinglingexe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
u have jailbroken Device

take my advice

DO NOT INSTALL WINTERBOARD IN UR DEVICE

some of u gone ask them selfs why shouldnt i?

BECAUSE if u turn off and turn on ur ipad again

it will make ur ipad Slow

and it might be i said it might be!! 50% ur cydia , cydia apps and safari will not open!!

and u will,say to ur self how did i know all these?

i know it because i have this problem too bad i have to restore it so i can rejailbreak :/ soo guys!!

DO NOT INSTALL WINTER BOARD FROM NOW ON!!!

and dont add sooo many sources too ( it might be slowing down ur device )

NoKz

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Works fine for me. I haven't had any problems o_O

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately, this is true only for you. If I may ask, what theme did you install with Winterboard? And, what sources did you load that caused you to have issues? What tweaks do you also have loaded (or did)? Because, I don't think it's Winterboard that caused your issue with the iPad. Maybe you can provide us a list of your tweaks you have/had loaded (and the sources) and we might be able to pin point the ones that could be causing your troubles.

In the "for what it's worth department," I have had Winterboard installed on my iPad3 since I jail broke it and I have had zero trouble with it. None. However, do keep in mind that there are very few iPad3 (or even iPad1 or 2) themes available. But, I've not heard of Winterboard causing the issues listed if you get the wrong theme loaded. The theme just won't work properly...

Just FYI for anyone else happening upon this thread...

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm afraid I cannot support that either kinglingexe

Winterboard is a perfectly stable application. It has been developed over many years and is wholly reliable. The current release is NOT known to cause any significant issues with the iPad. It is always amongst the first things I install and has been installed on all 3 of my iPads since the day they were jailbroken.

It certainly won't cause you to need to restore your device unless you use a theme which substitutes a badly configured or corrupt file which is critical to the operation of the iPad. In that case it is the theme which is the problem, not Winterboard.

You must have something else wrong over and above the installation of Winterboard.

Last edited:
OP
kinglingexe

kinglingexe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but ... since i install it im cant open any thing from cydia

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
but ... since i install it im cant open any thing from cydia

Well, that may be your experience, but mine tells me that I believe it is highly unlikely that Winterboard caused your problem.

It would be much better for you to investigate and ask for others experience, advice, and feedback on your problem, rather than post a warning message in the forum advising all our members not to install Winterboard. As I said, I simply cannot support that. We always like to give accurate advice to our members.

Countless jailbreakers (the majority) have Winterboard on their devices and it does not slow the device down or cause Cydia or other apps not to open. (you said 50% of your apps refused to open in your first post, but above you say you can't open anything). I am quite sure it was something else you installed. Winterboard is developed by Saurik who is a core member of the iDevice jailbreaking community and is the same guy who own and runs Cydia and it's commercial operations. You can rest assured that neither he nor the jailbreak community would allow a major bug necessitating a restore of your iPad to exist in Winterboard for very long and every jailbreak site, forum, or blog would have details about it, if it were true.

You should have been able to verify what your problem was by using jailbreak failsafe mode (holding volume up during boot) and removing your installed tweaks one by one until the culprit was found. We have a tutorial on it here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-use-safe-mode-maintain-stable-jailbreak.html

I do appreciate that you had a severe problem, and I know that can be extremely frustrating, but the guidance we are trying to give you here is to take your time to understand the full nature of your problem before broadcasting a factually incorrect warning to all of our members.

I hope you understand.

Most reactions

Latest posts