What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia winterboard problems

ivaninch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

I went looking for a new theme and found one on google for ipad named uinique

I purchased from cydia and installed, now all themes in winter board only show quarter screen in the bottom left corner.

I have tried uninstalling all themes and winterboard but the problem still exists.

I now see that in cydia it states that the uinique theme is for iPhone not iPad.

Does anyone know a fix or what files may have been changed.

Thanks
Ivaninch

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ivaninch said:
Hi all

I went looking for a new theme and found one on google for ipad named uinique

I purchased from cydia and installed, now all themes in winter board only show quarter screen in the bottom left corner.

I have tried uninstalling all themes and winterboard but the problem still exists.

I now see that in cydia it states that the uinique theme is for iPhone not iPad.

Does anyone know a fix or what files may have been changed.

Thanks
Ivaninch

I think you purchased the wrong theme. To state the obvious, you must always purchase iPad themes for the iPad. The ipad version is called "A Uinique iPad Theme". Always check the descriptions of things before you purchase.
Unfortunately, you cant just fix the theme. It is not compatible with your iPad. Just use Winterboard and deselect it to get back to normal.
You can then try contacting support (details of how to contact them are on each package) and tell them you meant to buy the iPad version. They may change it over for you.

OP
I

ivaninch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for your quick response

I have removed the theme and reinstalled winterboard.

But all themes now show in bottom left corner.

I think installing the iPhone theme has changed some setting/file

Thanks

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ivaninch said:
Hi and thanks for your quick response

I have removed the theme and reinstalled winterboard.

But all themes now show in bottom left corner.

I think installing the iPhone theme has changed some setting/file

Thanks

I"m not sure what you mean. Can you take a screenshot and attach it to your post? (press power and home together for screenshot which will be placed in your "Photos" camera roll folder).
I would almost certainly put money on it that you have installed something else (not a theme and not winterboard) which is causing this. Give us a list of things you have recently installed through Cydia...

OP
I

ivaninch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No not barrel

recently installed

cydelete
folder enhanser
wicarrier

recently installed now uninstalled

locktopus
overboard
A UINique HD Theme

Thanks

Attachments

• image-2001689583.png
    image-2001689583.png
    204.6 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I see. It looks like you have an iPhone 3G wallpaper applied.
So when you open Winterboard, you have no theme elements ticked at all, correct? Make sure nothing is ticked in the "select themes" page.

Next, re-apply your wallpaper.
Best approach is to change it to any of the default wallpapers from the "Settings > Wallpaper" section. Does the wallpaper return to full screen now?
If so, now try and re-apply your chosen wallpaper. Does that work correctly now?

If not, have you tried a full reboot?

I know you think something has been overwritten, but Winterboard does not work that way. That is one of the reasons it is so safe. It simply substitutes graphics on top of the operating system, but never changes the original files in any way.

Hope that helps.

OP
I

ivaninch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again for your help.

I should have explained more fully.

wallpapers are working fine and the screenshot i attached is with Saurik theme selected in winterboard.

I have now uninstalled all cydia mods and reinstalled winterboard.

On testing, any theme selected in winterboard is still only showing in the bottom left corner.
I have tried full reboot,
I am close to restoring from backup to see if this fixes it.

I am on 4.3.2 (8H7)

Cheers

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks again for your help.

I should have explained more fully.

wallpapers are working fine and the screenshot i attached is with Saurik theme selected in winterboard.

I have now uninstalled all cydia mods and reinstalled winterboard.

On testing, any theme selected in winterboard is still only showing in the bottom left corner.
I have tried full reboot,
I am close to restoring from backup to see if this fixes it.

I am on 4.3.2 (8H7)

Cheers

Grrrrr! :D You are not following my instructions! You don't have to restore, and I forgive you :)

I said don't tick anything in Winterboard. The Saurik theme is your problem. Winterboard ships with all those theme components, but they were created by Saurik for iPhone3! They have NEVER been updated for any other device, certainly not the iPad. Just ignore them... but for the love of god.. UNTICK THEM ALL!
You should then be back to normal!

OP
I

ivaninch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks.

I had already tried the things you sugested before posting on the forum.

I have tried downloading a few ipad themes but none work as they should.

If I have no theme selected then the wallpaper works as it should.

But I have just tried something else that has worked.

In winterboard settings I selected "summerboard mode" and all themes including Saurik work fine.

don't you just hate it when its something so simple.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ivaninch said:
Thanks.

I had already tried the things you sugested before posting on the forum.

I have tried downloading a few ipad themes but none work as they should.

If I have no theme selected then the wallpaper works as it should.

But I have just tried something else that has worked.

In winterboard settings I selected "summerboard mode" and all themes including Saurik work fine.

don't you just hate it when its something so simple.

Sorry, I misunderstood too. I thought you were trying to get themes turned off, not that you wanted them to apply properly.

Summerboard mode is a hack to get old themes to work, but it's not a good solution for iPad. No iPad theme was ever made for summerboard so all you are doing with this is getting some (not all) iphone3 components to replace a subset of the GUI. I would keep it switched off and only use iPad themes, but thats just me!

Glad you got through it though...

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also worth nothing some iPad themes will have been created for 3.2.x. There were major changes for 4.x which some may not have been updated for... Saurik is supposedly working on a new winterboard which is fully 4.x "aware".

wingnut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some need summerboard off some need it on...I just installed. Kryptonite it needs symmerboard off but its Tye best theme out there to me..

Most reactions

Latest posts