Airport City Trading Centre

Discussion in 'Airport City Forum' started by skimonkey, Sep 18, 2012.

1. LtCol Rehab

LtCol Rehab
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Same here. I'll look forward to launches again, after this challenge is over. Looks like you are getting ready for some flying for pyramids soon?

LtCol Rehab (may show as "username") - need Long Distance (LD) flight items like spare props, osc beacons, fuel hoses, deicers. LtColRehab2 - need LD flight items, thanks all!

#20951 LtCol Rehab, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  2. Barbara59

Barbara59
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Apologies to my Facebook friends but I seem to be unable to send fuel or passengers to you at the moment. Another GI gift!

AC Sian and David : Tribez 3cf44b7 (Eileen Dover)

3. Barbara59

Barbara59
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    It came back :)

AC Sian and David : Tribez 3cf44b7 (Eileen Dover)

4. Wabbitgirl

Wabbitgirl
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Question about blue launch pad. I finally upgraded my Mission Control and bought a blue launch pad but it says before I can launch on it, I have to complete a mission on the green pad. I already did complete 2 launches previously on the green pad, coming in second and third. Is it because I just built the blue pad and it is not smart enough to remember or do I have to come in first? Anyone remember?

I don't have enough stuff to launch on the green pad myself and not even sure if I could keep first place but I would be interested in tagging along if I don't have to be the one to start and come in first. This can wait until the halloween challenge is complete so no hurry to do one, just want to know what I need to be ready for. Thanks.

5. LtCol Rehab

LtCol Rehab
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I don't remember having to complete a green pad launch first.

Usually, you get that message when you collect the items and "open" a pad launch and don't complete a launch on that pad. When you open one, you have to complete it before you can switch pads. You probably opened one a long time ago and just never joined or started that green pad launch (this time). Then when you clicked on the newly opened blue pad, you got the standard "You must complete your launch on the other pad first" message, followed by showing you a blinking big arrow over whichever pad has an open (but not completed) launch.

LtCol Rehab (may show as "username") - need Long Distance (LD) flight items like spare props, osc beacons, fuel hoses, deicers. LtColRehab2 - need LD flight items, thanks all!

#20955 LtCol Rehab, Nov 12, 2013
  6. LtCol Rehab

LtCol Rehab
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    OMG...for those of you lacking aerosols to complete this Halloween challenge:

I had discovered Jal pilot's method above around the same time. However, I would go to neighbor A, then switch to neighbor B until one of them randomly generated a black wraith (sometimes you get two out of five in one turn). Let's say it was A. So then I would click on other stuff at A until I got my heart for five clicks on Neighbor A's city. Then I would move to neighbor B, and switch between B and another neighbor C, until one of them produced one or two black wraiths. Etc. Etc. This guaranteed one and sometimes two black wraith clicks per neighbor times 10 or 11 neighbor visits per day (can't remember what the max is per day). Using this approach, I was lucky to get one or two aerosol can drops from neighbors per day. Not many.

Today, I just realized through trial and error that even if you click a wraith, when you switch neighbors and come back, there are five newly generated ghosts/wraiths, instead of four or how many ever clicks you have left in that city. This is an even more powerful GI "feature" for our use during "clicking challenges" like this Halloween challenge. Maybe this is what Jal Pilot was describing above, but I didn't get it until today:

Switch between neighbors A and B until one of them, let's say A, randomly generates a wraith. Click the wraith, then exit A and go over to B. This leaves you with four clicks remaining at A until you reach your daily limit, max out and get a heart at A. Keep switching between B and A until another of them generates a wraith. If it's A, you click the wraith and now have 3 clicks left at A until you max out. If it's B, you are now down to four clicks remaining in that city. Keep switching between these two neighbors until you have clicked on FIVE BLACK WRAITHS per neighbor. IF YOU HAVE THE PATIENCE AND TIME FOR THIS, you will get many aerosol cans in one set of daily visits, because you will have clicked on 50 (or 55) black wraiths in your 10 (or 11) daily visits. This must be how Jal was achieving up to 7 aerosol cans per day from visits.

Happy hunting...if you have the patience!

#20956 LtCol Rehab, Nov 12, 2013
  7. Wabbitgirl

Wabbitgirl
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Okay I think I see what you mean. I did click on the green pad for a peek to see if anyone was launching awhile ago and it took my collection of items, so I guess that means it was ready for when I wanted to join or start a launch. I have been waiting to see someone I know from this group before joining rather than a random neighbour. So I guess I will continue to peek on the green pad until I see someone launching and join and then not peek again until I try out a blue pad.

How do the rest of you do it? Plan ahead with each other first before peeking or just start one yourself and hope someone like me peeks and joins?

8. abababababab

abababababab
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    I dont remember anything like that. Could you post a screenshot plz?

9. Lukehakesley

Lukehakesley
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Trog. Thank you also for continuing to send Rigby's city the spare propellers.

Unfortunately I've had to buy a new ipad. The old ipad will not connect to the wifi after the spillage.

I've purchased a new ipad mini! It's a lot lighter in your hand and it feels less likely you will drop it. Luckily I had backed the old ipad up just days before the spillage so I've been able to continue as normal. I've even managed to finish the quest just now thanks to my android neighbours continuing to send me aerosols. I've had to use the fuel barrels I've built up to speed up flights to get the extra aerosols I needed. Not to worry though as thankfully I never missed out on finishing the quest.

Normal gifting will resume this evening when I get back later. Thanks again Trog!

Long distance items please. My sons Airport is called "Rigby's city" He can't gift anymore as he's been unfairly penalised.

10. abababababab

abababababab
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Is it not superfast on loading and working on iPad Mini 2? I mean AC. Its a lot better experience on iPhone 5s. I have to say that it loads superfast. And as soon as I open the game, its ready in front of me to play in 2 seconds, wow! Also, the sliding of the neighbor list is not a problem there, smooth sliding, unlike my existing iPad and iPhone. :)