What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After a Restore,my Apple ID and/or password not recognized

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone know what to do about the above problem?

From the forum chosen for posting, I'm assuming you have an iPad 2 - correct? Has this always been your device or a recent 'used' purchase? Why did you need to perform a restore? Do you have more than one Apple ID? Answers to these questions will help, but in the meantime check this Apple Support Article. Good luck - Dave :)

OP
A

alwinder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Dave....
It is a little more complicated:
It is an iPad mini used by my niece in Chile.
What happened to her is that she restaured to factory settings (for reasons I do not know at the moment) ,and when now trying to use the iPad,it says:

"This iPad is associated with an ID of Apple XXXXXX.Iniciate session with the Apple email you used to configurate this iPad"

Using that email,she gets the message:

"You can not unblock this iPad using this email"

She is certain that that is the correct email address,and when trying to reset the password,she was sent a message by Apple to reset it.
This means to me that Apple is recognizing her email?

She is the former (before the factory restore) and still now,the owner of this iPad mini,and there has to be a way for her to activate this iPad again

Alberto

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did she use iCloud before restoring the iPad? If so: is her iCloud ID the same as her Apple ID?

OP
A

alwinder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
She says she did not,but,in the process of activation,she may have created an iCloud address,she does not remember.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know how to help her, sorry!
She should try to contact Apple (Apple Support online/visit an Apple Retail store). They will be able to help with this problem.

Here's the link to their website in Chile: https://www.apple.com/la/support/

Most reactions

Latest posts