What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

doesn't recognize available wifi networks

Reaction score
recently purchased iPad 2 with Verizon. 3 times it has enabled a connection to in-home wireless after manually entering under "other"...it has never recognized any available networks in area. Gaming devices, TVs, wifi repeaters, all android devices have no problems recognizing a minimum of 14 available networks in surrounding area. iPad sees none. The 3x that it did allow connection I was able to register for Apple ID, enable bluetooth, download photos, link gmail account, download contacts, etc. It usually disconnects after only a few minutes, then will not recognize networks or connect when manually entering "other". Have not yet connected to verizon.

can anyone to help get (and keep) this unit connected to wifi?

THANKS!

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks!
Nothing has worked.
Interesting...took it to many businesses today with free wifi on my way to the Apple store. The only place that it would recognize networks was in the actual Apple store. Although my android phone recognized many additional networks while in the Apple store, the only networks the iPad could recognize were the 2 apple in-store networks. I guess that rules out issues with my in-home network...seems like it would be an internal setting with this iPad? Have an appointment tomorrow at their "Genius Bar"...hopefully they'll know

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to see there was nothing in that Michael. That Genius Bar appointment was a good move, so hopefully, a light at the end of the tunnel...fingers crossed.
Andrew

OP
M
Reaction score
Good try...didn't work :(
The Genius Bar folks said that it is most likely a worn out airport chip...could only pick up the Apple network in-store while my phone detected 12 with strong signals.

Thanks for your help!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you purchased it new through Verizon, isn't the warrantee still good? If not Apple's, then Verizon should honor some kind of replacement for at least 30 days.

hoben02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had something similar with an ipad mini for me the solution was changing my router to wpa2 using it on a 5ghz band

Most reactions

Latest posts