What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

adding apps

clumberdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
everytime I try to download an app it tells me on my ipad 2 that an unknown error has occured,what do I do to change this

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anytime You Get An Error Like You Describe...

..particularly as it relates to downloading apps, upgrading apps, or apps bombing out...close out all apps in your memory (double click home button; press any app until x appears, and close each one) then press your sleep button and home button together until you get the slider to turn off your iPad.

Wait a couple of heartbeats, press the sleep button until you get the white apple logo, sign on and you should be good to go. This is equivalent to the ctrl+alt+del in the pc world.

Hope this helps.

Another bit of advice, I often turn off my iPad at least once a week. The rest of the time it is being used or in sleep mode.

BTW, welcome to the forum Clumberdog

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
clumberdog said:
everytime I try to download an app it tells me on my ipad 2 that an unknown error has occured,what do I do to change this

Where are you downloading them from and how are you trying to put them on your iPad? More details please. Is there an error code?

OP
C

clumberdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ty will try later as at mment synching it.Really graeful.live in Tunisia and no apple stores here.

OP
C

clumberdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
am downloading from itunes,It keeps co giving me "unknown error" message both on i pad and then on my iphone.Is it soething to do qwith that.Turning on and off and closing all apps hsn't workef,
Greta

Most reactions

Latest posts