What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks download error

charlyee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am getting an "unknown error", trying to download iBooks on my iPad2. It starts to download and then stops and gives the error message.

Please help.

Thank much :)

OP
C

charlyee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still getting the same error, please help. Reading books is one of the main reasons I got the iPad for..

Thanks

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you rebooted your iPad?

Do you have free space?

-t

mimicook

iPF Noob
Reaction score
unknown error

I am getting the same "unknown error". I purchased the new iPad for my dad for Father's day, and wanted to load it up with some apps first. Other apps are downloading fine, but iBooks gives me an "unknown error" message. Please help! Father's Day is Sunday!

OP
C

charlyee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you rebooted your iPad?

Do you have free space?

-t
I have not re booted it but other apps are downloading fine. There is plenty of space, it is new and has very little on it.

I am getting the same "unknown error". I purchased the new iPad for my dad for Father's day, and wanted to load it up with some apps first. Other apps are downloading fine, but iBooks gives me an "unknown error" message. Please help! Father's Day is Sunday!
Yes, that is exactly what is happening in my case.

mimicook

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have tried re-booting as well. In addition, this is a BRAND NEW iPad.

jaydoug76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mimicook said:
Yes, I have tried re-booting as well. In addition, this is a BRAND NEW iPad.

I am having the exact same problem. I just got mine yesterday. My Mac geek friend who was helping me was totally lost as to what the problem is...

mimicook

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do these posts go to anyone at Apple? Looks like the same problem in just a few days for all of us. Maybe it is something on Apple's end?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is not an Apple support site, so no you can't expect Apple to be here answering questions...

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think it has anything to do with the iPads, possibly Apple is working on iBooks. I did just download a free book without a hitch (”Weights and Measures"), but it could be a problem with certain servers or a problem with the payment process within iBooks. Maybe give it another day?

Last edited:
OP
C

charlyee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Find a work around in the Apple Support Forum. I downloaded it in iTunes on my MacBook Air and synced it to my iPad. It worked beautifully.

I am happy :)

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
charlyee said:
Find a work around in the Apple Support Forum. I downloaded it in iTunes on my MacBook Air and synced it to my iPad. It worked beautifully.

I am happy :)

Excellent!

karolina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
charlyee said:
Still getting the same error, please help. Reading books is one of the main reasons I got the iPad for..

Thanks
I have the same problem

karolina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
charlyee said:
Hi all,

I am getting an "unknown error", trying to download iBooks on my iPad2. It starts to download and then stops and gives the error message.

Please help.

Thank much :)

Arghhh help me pls got the same problem

jujum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem, synched to my PC, andthe problem has gone away..

Most reactions

Latest posts