What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with People Magazine App

kia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I use the people magazine app, and have downloaded the last 2 issues with no problem, but the most recent issue downloads, but won't install and brings up the error message "unknown error" (how descriptively helpful!).

Has anyone else had this problem or even know where I can get some help?

I've been trying to google it, but have found nothing, and the number I have for People is the subscription line.......ughh.

Anyways, if anyone knows anything I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

OP
K

kia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: Just incase anyone else has this problem, here's the solution.

I was getting an "ME returned an error" message in addition to People Mag not working. The problem is my Telus simcard (from canada). If you turn cellular data off and reboot, the error goes away, and People Mag will download just fine.

rniehus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I'm having this same issue - for about 3 weeks and then last weeks installed fine and now again today it is giving me the "unknown error" during installation - not download. I went as far as taking the app off my ipad and then reinstalling which opened up hard drive space but didn't get rid of the issue. I'm in the US and haven't changed any settings - are there any other options besides the previous post? I don't see any options for receiving technical help from from People.....

CanadaCindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having the same problem ...

Hi Kia

I too am having the same problem with the current issue downloading. A mystery. Hoping that someone has the answer.

Regards, Cindy

pegspad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very frustrating. I have been able to download/install many People mags sometimes with a kink- but then always worked. Until last night! Now the mag has downloaded but won't install. I've switched back and forth between wi fi and 3G. I've re-booted. I disabled the auto lock. Anybody??? I hate spending 4 bucks and wasting all this time. When it works it's great. Ugh.

CanadaCindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People magazine iPad install problem

I too had the problem. Found if I hold down on the icon for the partially installed issue, tap the x in the corner (when the icons are shaking), I end up deleting that. Close People and come back in and the issue installs on the next attempt.

Cindy

TheZulus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem where you have downloaded an issue of people magazine (the one in question is the most recent one, dated 7 August 2011 or thereabouts, and although the first several pages and last several pages are readable, the rest are fuzzy, i.e. there but unreadable as if the issue hadn't downloaded completely? Thanks and regards, ALexander

Most reactions

Latest posts