What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Activator 1.40 and touch screen sensitivity issue

aratheba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Recently I'm facing a weird sensitivity touch screen issue: the touch screen doesn't seem to behave "magically" as usual, often it doesn't seem to respond to my finger whenever I try to press a button. Moreover it doesn't react at all when such buttons are on the edge of the touchscreen. I use atomic browser to surf the web and whenever I'm in fullscreen mode I'm not able to use the buttons on the lowest edge of the screen.
I tought that this could have something to do with Activator, as it recently reached a new version in cydia, then I tried to uninstall it and, in fact, everything started to behave the right way!
I'm using activator 1.40, does any of you have the same problem?
I'd really like to be able to use activator and in particular multitasking. Cannot live without it!
Thanks in advance ;)

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have openSSH installed? It absolutely screws up the touch screen. You have to hit like half an inch below the button to activate the button when its installed. That might be your problem.

OP
A

aratheba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have openSSH installed? It absolutely screws up the touch screen. You have to hit like half an inch below the button to activate the button when its installed. That might be your problem.

You know what? You are right! Together with updating activator I installed openssh!!!
Do I have to uninstall it to solve the problem or can Imjust disable it?

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You know what? You are right! Together with updating activator I installed openssh!!!
Do I have to uninstall it to solve the problem or can Imjust disable it?

Now that I am not sure of. I uninstalled it fully and it went away. You can test it fairly easily. Disable SSH and then throw open any app with buttons and carefully tap the screen below a button while making sure your finger does not touch any part of the button. If the button activates, the touch screen is still messed up.

OP
A

aratheba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've already uninstalled it. I cannot remember that well but it seems to me like I've already disabled it via sbssettings or maybe not!
Anyway, first of all I wanna be sure that it causing all this mess! Then eventually I'll try some way to solve it while still having opens installed.
Thank you very much for the hint! ;)

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I've already uninstalled it. I cannot remember that well but it seems to me like I've already disabled it via sbssettings or maybe not!
Anyway, first of all I wanna be sure that it causing all this mess! Then eventually I'll try some way to solve it while still having opens installed.

I have OpenSSH and activator both with no issues.

OP
A

aratheba

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have OpenSSH and activator both with no issues.

This si really strange! Could it be a mix of jb apps?!
I have:

Activator
Backgrounder
Circuitous
Full force
3G unresctrictor
Sbssettings
Openssh

It seems like removing openssh solved this issue. Anyway, I'll give it more test time to understand if it really fixed it or not...
When I had this issue and openssh was installed, a respiring temporary solved this issue. Moreover in landscape mode only I had such problem. No problems at all when in portrait!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts