A problem with iBooks

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by austy, Oct 3, 2011.

1. austy

austy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hello, everyone. :D I'm a new one here, I've just bought an iPad 2 and i'm facing starter's problems. Hope You'll help me. :) basically, my iBooks app isn't working :(, I can't download books, it shows me some kind of error. I tried deleting that app and redownloading it again, but it just stay the same. It shows me and empty bookshelf, I click on the store and a book, that i like and an unknown error pops out every time. Is it a serious problem? How can I fix it?
    Thank You for the answer :)

#1 austy, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2011
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    What exact error are you getting? As in, what does it say?

Is your iPad2 jailbroken? I know you just got it - but people with jail broke iPads have trouble with iBooks.

If we could have a few more details on the problem, I am sure someone can help...

Marilyn

P.S. Welcome to the forum; good to "see" you.

3. austy

austy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the answer! :) Basically, it shows that 'an unknown error occured' nothing else, no other explanations. Is it possible that problems are caused by the country I live? I live in Lithuania. (I have heard iBooks doesn't work in some regions) And no, my iPad is not jailbroken, i have got it from the Apple store in NYC recently. I haven't done anything serious (like jailbroking) with it. Thanks again.

Austy

#3 austy, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    If Lithuania has an App Store then it has an iBooks Store. That's not to say there will be worthwhile content in the store. And not that this helps your with your problem. Next time you see the error write down exactly what it says. You can go here to see if it matches anything, and follow the recommendations.

iTunes: Specific update-and-restore error messages and advanced troubleshooting

iBooks: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)