What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A newbie needs help

orfew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post to this forum as I just picked up my IPAD2 yesterday. the problem is this, I am leaving for Europe in a few days on a business trip and I am not sure how to make the IPAD work in Europe. Do I simply need an adapter for the European outlets, or do I need a step down transformer?

Please help the new guy. Thanks to all in advance for your consideration.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't need a step-down transformer - the iPad charger is fully compatible with all international domestic supplies. You'll just need an adaptor to enable you to connect to the various outlets in the different European countries you'll be visiting. Apple do sell an international adaptor kit which replaces the removable adaptor on the iPad charger, but a regular 'traveler kit' available at all airports will also work just fine.

Tim

OP
O

orfew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
You don't need a step-down transformer - the iPad charger is fully compatible with all international domestic supplies. You'll just need an adaptor to enable you to connect to the various outlets in the different European countries you'll be visiting. Apple do sell an international adaptor kit which replaces the removable adaptor on the iPad charger, but a regular 'traveler kit' available at all airports will also work just fine.

Tim

Many thanks Tim!

Most reactions

Latest posts