What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using Ipad2 to check email while in Europe

candacegar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an upcoming trip to Europe. I was thinking of buying an Ipad2 to check email messages and also to send email messages.

What do I need on the Ipad, what kind of foreign data plan do I need, and do I need to configure anything else on the Ipad? Most of the hotels with have WiFi.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As long as you have wifi connection, you can retrieve and respond to email. The iPad has its own email app. Before you go you should set up your email accounts on the iPad.

dmann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be careful though if you are using the Mail app, you may not be able to send mail. To do so go to your mail provider on Safari, log in and send mail from there

ajcgn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dmann said:
Be careful though if you are using the Mail app, you may not be able to send mail. To do so go to your mail provider on Safari, log in and send mail from there

I experienced that recently on vacation. Couldn't receive email on hotel wifi. I was able to at a restaurant's wifi. Wish I thought of the safari option, thanks for the tip.

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was in Europe / France last summer and I had no issue from the hotels (in Rouen and in Paris)

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig (not JB'ed) / using iPF

Tudor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm from the UK and have used my iPad to get mail in many European countries and the US. I only use it on WiFi, but have found some hotels only have free Internet access via a cat5 cable and no WiFi. For these locations I use an Airport Express, this works very well. Also some locations with WiFi also have a cat5 cable and usually this gives a much better connection used with the the Airport Express.

Most reactions

Latest posts