What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A gig that lets you bring your own backing tracks.

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lets say you have an iPad and the place your gigging has a PA system with a Bluetooth front end.

Obviously the iPad may not have enough storage space to keep all of the songs that you are capable of performing.
But what if you used wi fi to expand you storage space on your ipad, things can get interesting.

Kingston wi drive, Maxell Airstash, and Seagate satellite something drive all offer a way to expand your storage space.

I think people can no longer use the lack of sd card slot to hold them back from getting iOS device.

Has anyone thought about doing this?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that the number of connections and therefore the number of possible things that can go wrong would make this a bad choice. When we gigged and we couldn't get the whole band in to a small venue we carried backing tracks on two iPods and used wired connections straight into the PA. the reason for the two iPods was in the event that we had a problem with one we could switch quickly.

The Archangel

OP
M

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Make sense to me. I suppose this wi fi stuff is still new to get use to already.

Most reactions

Latest posts