What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3.3 Has anyone noticed a change in power consumption?

earlyadopter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It may be specific to my iPad 1 but my battery indicator was at 92% then I rebooted the device to be sure. I installed 4.3.3 and it is at 99%. I had always suspected 4.3.2 of accelerated power consumption/incorrect reporting. I'll watch it for awhile and see.....

Sent from my iPad 64 GB, WiFi, 3G using iPF

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Probably charging while updating.

Or apple are playing mind games with you. They already know your location.
Be afraid.......

OP
earlyadopter

earlyadopter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine doesn't charge through my keyboard USB port. It may be Apple playing mind games with me. I'll keep an eye out and report back. I should has my new iPad 2 next week...this may all be moot.

Sent from my iPad 64 GB, WiFi, 3G using iPF

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
My iPad is actually stuck at 100% battery right now. I have been using it online for over an hour now (playing archetype) and its still at 100%.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darthluke12694 said:
My iPad is actually stuck at 100% battery right now. I have been using it online for over an hour now (playing archetype) and its still at 100%.

Mine always seems to stay at 100% for ages and then starts ticking down at a more normal rate. I have noticed this before the latest update.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Harters said:
Mine always seems to stay at 100% for ages and then starts ticking down at a more normal rate. I have noticed this before the latest update.

Yes my battery is now going down. I'm not sure why it does that though?

S65AMG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel that my ipad consumes battery at a slower rate as compared to previous version. But not very significant though.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
S65AMG said:
I feel that my ipad consumes battery at a slower rate as compared to previous version. But not very significant though.

I have resisted this update due to the problems you are all experiencing, have you done the reset afterwards, you know, the press top and home button together until is closes and then repeat until apple shows? If you have then I definitely won't update and if you haven't, can one of you try and see if anything changes.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

S65AMG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I have resisted this update due to the problems you are all experiencing, have you done the reset afterwards, you know, the press top and home button together until is closes and then repeat until apple shows? If you have then I definitely won't update and if you haven't, can one of you try and see if anything changes.

I don't see anything different though since mine is jailbroken with custom bootlogo? So what changes did you notice?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
S65AMG said:
I don't see anything different though since mine is jailbroken with custom bootlogo? So what changes did you notice?

I didn't do it because of the negative reviews members are reporting back. Maybe JB is not having any problems

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh... I wish I had seen this thread before. I just updated mine an hour ago. Well let's see what happens.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today when i synced my ipad with i tunes i had the update firmware popup, but i cancelled it. I am happey with the current firmware, where as with the previous one the battery drain was high. So what are the benefits of the newest firmware?

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

S65AMG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good karma said:
Today when i synced my ipad with i tunes i had the update firmware popup, but i cancelled it. I am happey with the current firmware, where as with the previous one the battery drain was high. So what are the benefits of the newest firmware?

Apple said it resolves some location tracking and a battery performance fix.

Jailbroken iPad iOS 4.3.3

greasemuntney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shoot if the battery gets any better than mine is with iOS 4.2.1. then I will never have to recharge. Shoot I get 2 days on my battery now.
Thats one thing I do love about the iPad. the battery life is awesome.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks amg65, greasemonkey, when i had you firmware it used a lot of battery, so do uograte to the lastest one and see how it improves

Most reactions

Latest posts