What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brand new iPad with 3.2.2 firmware - can I jailbreak it?

ady199

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just purchased my first iPad today and have noticed that it currently has firmware version 3.2.2 installed on it.

I also have a jailbroken 4.1 iphone 4 which I love (and have always jailbroken my iphone's)

Questions I have is:-

What's the easiest way to jailbrake my iPad?

Should I Upgrade the firmware on it? (current version 3.2.2)

Can I roll back to firmware version 3.2.2 after a firmware upgrade?

Thanks in advance

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
-Easiest, Limera1n or Greenp0ison, which ever one works for you.
-DO NOT UPGRADE yet. Wait for the new jailbreak to be completed before you do.
-If you have saved your blobs (shsh), probably. No guarantees.:)

OP
A

ady199

iPF Noob
Reaction score
many thanks for the info - I've now successfully jailbroken my ipad with limera1n. The problem I have is now is that I can't seem to save my shsh for 3.2.2. I've tried with both tiny umbrella and ishshit and none seem to work.

Is there anyway that I can backup my 3.2.2 shsh??

Last edited:

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is TU saving it locally? Look on the opening screen, the General tab on the right, click on the Advanced tab, look for the "Save SHSH Directory:C:\Users\(your name)\.shsh", check here to see if it's saving them locally. I'm not sure but I think it takes a little while before they show up on Cydia.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
many thanks for the info - I've now successfully jailbroken my ipad with limera1n. The problem I have is now is that I can't seem to save my shsh for 3.2.2. I've tried with both tiny umbrella and ishshit and none seem to work.

Is there anyway that I can backup my 3.2.2 shsh??

Sorry, there is no way for you to save 3.2.2 SHSH blobs. You can only save them in the window when Apple still provides them. This closed for 3.2.2 just after 4.2.1 came out.

Most reactions

Latest posts