What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zino App not downloading PC Mag, but OK w/ others?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I own an iPad2 w/ the current iOS (not JB) - also I have been using the Zinio app from the beginning - my current mags are iPhone, PC Mag, & Macworld - this has been working perfectly for months - several days ago I was notified that a new issue of PC Mag arrived - started the DL, the screen orientation switched from vertical to horizontal, then went blank! I had to enter the taskbar to stop the app - no help; then did a restart & a reset w/o any effect. I deleted the app (along w/ all of my DL mags - YUCK!).

So, DL the app again and first added the 2013 issues of iPhone & Macworld - came in fine, as usual - THEN, tried to DL PC Mag - SAME problem! This seems to be a 'new' and specific issue w/ the Zinio app & PC Mag - I emailed Zinio yesterday but no response as of 8:30PM my time (and I'm not sure if I'll get one?) - SO, I hoping that someone may have an explanation to correct this problem - thanks for suggestions. :)

OP
giradman

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, for those who may be having a 'new' problem with the Zinio app as described in my OP, I did receive a reply from their support team - part of their message is shown below; as suspected, the issue concerns the display of PC Mag in Zinio - hopefully Apple will quickly approve their patch.

P.S. as a lagniappe, I was given a free issue of another magazine not in my Zinio collection - :thumbs:

We apologize for the trouble you are having viewing your magazine using the latest version of the Zinio App on your iPad. We have already submitted the patch to Apple to resolve the issue and are awaiting approval from them for the update to be made available to users.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was about to recently download the latest issue on my mini...and I just got the March issue on my iPad 3. So, I don't know if it is an iPad 2 problem or just a problem with some iPads...

What do you think of the new format PC Mag is using?

OP
giradman

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was about to recently download the latest issue on my mini...and I just got the March issue on my iPad 3. So, I don't know if it is an iPad 2 problem or just a problem with some iPads...

What do you think of the new format PC Mag is using?

Hi AQ.. - I was able to view the immediate previous issue of PC Mag on my iPad2 - w/ this newest offering the DL goes into a landscape mode & then freezes - I need to shut down the app to even recover its use - so, guess that I cannot comment of the 'new format' unless I can get this app updated and working as before - sorry for providing no help. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts