What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zagg InvisiShield

Momolars

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I put the zagg on my iPad 1 yesterday, it's now the 3rd screen protector I've tried, and it's VERY streaky, is that common, does it go away?

Swede1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Momolars said:
So I put the zagg on my iPad 1 yesterday, it's now the 3rd screen protector I've tried, and it's VERY streaky, is that common, does it go away?

Try Sgp's steinhell screen protectors,, best on the market if you ask me, and I have tried most of them out there! Easy to keep clean and they are truly crystal clear, you can't tell it's even on!

Wilder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd much rather skip the screen protector and get a decent warranty with accidental damage protection. SquareTrade has a decent warranty, and there are coupon codes all over the Internet.

If I scratch my bare iPad's screen, and it's bad enough to matter, I'll use the warranty.

But really, I've seen them take keys and razor blades to the glass used on iPads, and it doesn't scratch. I can't see why anyone would screw up the iPad's responsiveness with a Zagg, BSE or Ghost Armor. My parents had a Zagg on theirs, and I didn't like it at all.

Screen protectors are just redundant on Gorilla Glass and its equivalents.

Wilder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did not have a screen protector on my iPad and now has several scratches that I cannot get out. I am putting a protector on (bestskinsever - cheaper then Zagg but same product) my new iPad 2.

Did you keep it in a case? How did you treat it?

I find this hard to believe after seeing some of the demonstrations with the iPad glass that I've seen.

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I opted for Ghost Armor at one of the those kiosk ( log story short the third time was the a charm , first two had slight imperfections. ) to make it up they put a Ghost Armor front shield on my iphone 4 for $10.00, they couldn't do the whole phone because my case is a otterbox. I really like the look and feel of the product. My wife has a zagg on her iPad1 and I don't like the feel or look of the orange peel.

The Photog Jon

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI- the kiosk which happens to be outside of a Apple Store said they do all the Apple Store employees ipad/iphones for free.

Joybulb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried the zag screen protector and took it off swiftly. It hours response time as the OP said, and your fingers don't slide across the screen as well

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys I'm currently having issues with Ghost Armor, I keep you posted. We're ( the installer and I ) thinking it needs more cure time to get some moisture from between the shield and glass out Time will tell. Otherwise it's coming off and I'm getting my $ back. The rear protector is great.

ricksipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes Nick, by all means get it on day one and it really would be easier to get the folks at Best Buy to install it for you but if you want to do it yourself here are some tips:

1. Have at least 2 extra containers of the shield spray on hand and have a helper assist you. Using plenty of spray really is the key to success, unfortunately I can't find it in the stores anymore. You can order it from Zagg or find it on plenty of other web sites including Amazon.com. You might also try to ask the sales people at Best Buy or other stores for any extra containers of spay. The other day I was in a Best Buy and I asked the salesman if he could tell me why Zagg no longer sells spray solution separately and he opened a drawer and gave me a bottle.

2. Clear off your bathroom counter and prepare to use it as a work station to install your shield.

3. Lay a bath towel over the counter and turn on your shower on HOT to create steam. This will settle any dust in the bathroom and eliminate static electricity.

Have a soft cloth and a pair of scissors on the counter.(a cotton hand towel or dish towel will work nicely) Also have the extra 2 containers of spray on the counter. Also, believe it or not, have a credit card on the counter.

4. Open your Zagg screen shields paper envelope and pull out the contents which includes the screen shield itself and a container of spray and place them on the bathroom counter.

5. Wash your hands thoroughly and dry them completely.

6. Once the bathroom is full of steam, turn off the hot water and turn on the exhaust fan.

7. Clean the iPad screen with a good glass cleaner (I like Windex) and wipe it completely dry. Enter the bathroom with the iPad. Using the scissors open the plastic shield envelope. (if you need glasses to read like I do you'll want to be wearing them at this point)

8. Using the credit card and starting at the end of the screen protector that has the hole in the middle, begin to separate the paper backing from the Zagg screen protector film. At this point you'll want to start to use the spray. Spray your fingers and spray the newly exposed surfaces of both the paper backing and the screen shield. I cannot emphasis this too much: KEEP YOUR FINGERS WET AND keep all contact surfaces wet.

9. Using the clean hand or dish towel wipe any moisture from the iPad screen. Cover the screen with spray. Peal away the paper backing and cover the Zagg Shield with spray. Begin to apply the now completely wet Zagg screen to the completely wet iPad screen starting with the bottom of the iPad where the Home button is located. Always use plenty of spray to keep both contact surfaces as well as your fingers covered in spray solution. Concentrate on matching the hole in the Zagg screen shield to the Home Button on the iPad itself. Try to get the Shield's hole to match the iPads Home button as closely as possible but remember, the Zagg solution dries quickly so time is of the essence.

Ok, now this is going to sound crazy but DON'T WORRY ABOUT BUBBLES!

You certainly don't want any actual wrinkles in the Zagg screen but bubbles are NOT an issue. Zagg ships a useless little squeegee with every screen protector but I don't use it. I use the cloth towel to make sure the screen protector is free of wrinkles and I even push out the huge bubbles but I ignore all but the biggest ones.

Concentrate on getting the Shield aligned properly on the iPad but don't worry at all about the bubbles because the beauty of the Zagg Screen Shield is that it is micro porous and because it "heals" any bubbles will go away on their own, it's that simple. It will LOOK crazy when you're done and you'll think I'm out of my mind but the next day you'll be amazed at how the little bubbles have disappeared and the big ones have gotten smaller. This will continue until all bubbles have disappeared (possibly a week or even longer).

All you need to concentrate on is not getting any body hairs (primarily from your hands which is why you want to keep fingers wet) or dust (the reason for the steam) from showing up under the Zagg shield when your done.

Good luck!

I installed a Zagg IS on my iPad last weekend. I agree that the IS needs to be kept wet, however, you should NOT use the spray directly on your iPad (or iPhone). Spray the IS with the solution, not the screen (or back). I use the included squeegee, but I wrap it with a small microfiber cloth before using it. I had a bunch of small bubbles, but they worked themselves out after 3 days or so.

This is my first iPad and first screen protector. However, I am on my second iPhone and my wife has one as well. Before the iPhones, we each had an iPod Touch. I have used screen protectors on each one. So far, I have used Zagg, BSE, and Bodyguardz. I have NEVER experienced any decrease in screen sensitivity or responsiveness. Other user's personal experiences may vary, of course, But I will always use a screen protector because there is no downside that I have ever experienced.

Swede1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
owencoffin said:
Yes Nick, by all means get it on day one and it really would be easier to get the folks at Best Buy to install it for you but if you want to do it yourself here are some tips:

1. Have at least 2 extra containers of the shield spray on hand and have a helper assist you. Using plenty of spray really is the key to success, unfortunately I can't find it in the stores anymore. You can order it from Zagg or find it on plenty of other web sites including Amazon.com. You might also try to ask the sales people at Best Buy or other stores for any extra containers of spay. The other day I was in a Best Buy and I asked the salesman if he could tell me why Zagg no longer sells spray solution separately and he opened a drawer and gave me a bottle.

2. Clear off your bathroom counter and prepare to use it as a work station to install your shield.

3. Lay a bath towel over the counter and turn on your shower on HOT to create steam. This will settle any dust in the bathroom and eliminate static electricity.

Have a soft cloth and a pair of scissors on the counter.(a cotton hand towel or dish towel will work nicely) Also have the extra 2 containers of spray on the counter. Also, believe it or not, have a credit card on the counter.

4. Open your Zagg screen shields paper envelope and pull out the contents which includes the screen shield itself and a container of spray and place them on the bathroom counter.

5. Wash your hands thoroughly and dry them completely.

6. Once the bathroom is full of steam, turn off the hot water and turn on the exhaust fan.

7. Clean the iPad screen with a good glass cleaner (I like Windex) and wipe it completely dry. Enter the bathroom with the iPad. Using the scissors open the plastic shield envelope. (if you need glasses to read like I do you'll want to be wearing them at this point)

8. Using the credit card and starting at the end of the screen protector that has the hole in the middle, begin to separate the paper backing from the Zagg screen protector film. At this point you'll want to start to use the spray. Spray your fingers and spray the newly exposed surfaces of both the paper backing and the screen shield. I cannot emphasis this too much: KEEP YOUR FINGERS WET AND keep all contact surfaces wet.

9. Using the clean hand or dish towel wipe any moisture from the iPad screen. Cover the screen with spray. Peal away the paper backing and cover the Zagg Shield with spray. Begin to apply the now completely wet Zagg screen to the completely wet iPad screen starting with the bottom of the iPad where the Home button is located. Always use plenty of spray to keep both contact surfaces as well as your fingers covered in spray solution. Concentrate on matching the hole in the Zagg screen shield to the Home Button on the iPad itself. Try to get the Shield's hole to match the iPads Home button as closely as possible but remember, the Zagg solution dries quickly so time is of the essence.

Ok, now this is going to sound crazy but DON'T WORRY ABOUT BUBBLES!

You certainly don't want any actual wrinkles in the Zagg screen but bubbles are NOT an issue. Zagg ships a useless little squeegee with every screen protector but I don't use it. I use the cloth towel to make sure the screen protector is free of wrinkles and I even push out the huge bubbles but I ignore all but the biggest ones.

Concentrate on getting the Shield aligned properly on the iPad but don't worry at all about the bubbles because the beauty of the Zagg Screen Shield is that it is micro porous and because it "heals" any bubbles will go away on their own, it's that simple. It will LOOK crazy when you're done and you'll think I'm out of my mind but the next day you'll be amazed at how the little bubbles have disappeared and the big ones have gotten smaller. This will continue until all bubbles have disappeared (possibly a week or even longer).

All you need to concentrate on is not getting any body hairs (primarily from your hands which is why you want to keep fingers wet) or dust (the reason for the steam) from showing up under the Zagg shield when your done.

Good luck!

Wow! That's slot of work to install a protector! The steinhell took me maybe 30 sec to install, no liquids or anything and it looks perfect.

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depending on where u go you can find a reseller that will put it on for you and warranty the installation. They used two on my iPad before they got it right. Took about 30 minutes.

ipazol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just put on a screen protecter ( I visor AG ) this protecter is awesome, I have used many different ones in the past and this is by far the easiest and best one yet.
It can be removed and washed and reinstalled many times, and 100% GUARANTEED NO BUBBLES. I got this at AT&T store they also have them for the iPhone and other phones.

koufax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just put a anti glare Zagg screen protector on and it looks terrible. It has made the screen look blurry. There are no bubbles and it fits perfect but the screen is now blurry. Not acceptable. Does anyone else have this problem? I put one of these on my iphone4 last year and it looks fine. No blurriness at all. Will this go away? 25 bucks for this thing is a joke too. 28 with tax . Anyway, any ideas on this?

thapzen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mind sending a few pics of this protector, I think it might just be on my shopping list

Most reactions

Latest posts