What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zagg InvisiShield

Rakuen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Apple salesperson I purchased mine from wouldn't install the ZAGG, thankfully there was a ZAGG kiosk located within walking distance. It was no more than $10, and the guy there was real nice and had it done within 10 minutes. What a fantastic job too! No bubbles or anything!

The one complaint I had was the employee who thought this would be okay.. some potential customer walked up, was talking to him, and the ZAGG emp. lets this customer handle my iPad. Didn't last more than a minute but I would of figured it would be common sense. I just bought it and with the Apple store not but a couple minutes away he should of recommended him there. After all, the InvisiShield wasn't even on my iPad yet. He was just getting it ready to go.

Again, that's the only complaint.. left a bad taste in my mouth but it's more of bad sales practice than a complaint against the actual product.

I do have to warn though, I took my iPad out of the Apple case a day ago.. and noticed a blue colored substance that's literally in the plastic of the shield. It's all over the forums and google so just a fair warning. I will be taking a trip to the mall to ZAGG to get it replaced. Not sure if I need to pick up a new case or not, don't want the same thing happening again. Here's to hoping it didn't stain my iPad, but from what I've read it doesn't.

Last edited:

dazeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anyone notice text blurring with screen protector

I just ran to at&t yesterday and had the rep put my case mate screen protector on my ipad (both were xmas gifts). With the screen protector on my text is blurred. Things that were crystal clear are now almost impossible to read. Was wondering if it's just case mates protector or if this happens with them all? My boyfriend paid $30 just for the screen protector. I hate to just rip it off but I cant stand it!!!!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I think "almost impossible to read" is a bit of an exaggeration. I use an anti-glare screen myself (but not from Case Mate) since I use my device extensively both indoors and outdoors, and I don't really notice the "bluriness" at all.

There are different kinds of screen protector you can choose from, e.g. mirrored surface, privacy protector, anti-glare/anti-fingerprint, etc If you are putting an anti-glare screen (like the one from Case Mate), inevitably you will lose some crispness in the clarity of the image by virtue of exactly what it's designed to do.

dazeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps I should have not said impossible but to me it is because I suffer from migraines about 15 days a month. With a migraine the blurred effect made the migraine much worse. Thank you for your response. I am going to look for a clear screen protector one that I know it was the antiiglare causing the effect.

toasty_hoodie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With a Zagg Anti Glare, the screen has a rainbow effect. It's horrible. Probably the worst screen protector on the market. But the Power Support and RadTech Anti Glare shields are perfect

bailegb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had Best Buy install the Zagg. Great job, can't even tell it is there without looking closely. Definitely worth the cost for peace of mind either real or imagined.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps I should have not said impossible but to me it is because I suffer from migraines about 15 days a month. With a migraine the blurred effect made the migraine much worse. Thank you for your response. I am going to look for a clear screen protector one that I know it was the antiiglare causing the effect.

For me, I found the reflectiveness difficult to read with, esp in an outdoors setting under direct or partially-shaded sunlight (kind of like the old-style CRT glass monitors, which would reflect everything), which was why I used an antiglare filter. Although mine's from Brando, not Case Mate, so I have no idea how much the Case Mate filter degrades the picture resolution. So far I'm very satisfied with the Brando.

cogboot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting a screen protector but having now read your opinions and benefited from your experiences I have reached a decision. I won't get one. Thank you all.

Petercar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Futureshop in Canada includes a zagg protector with there setup and all that like a half hour course for 70 bucks. They even put it on I have had it since they came out in canada back in June and I work around dust grease oils and it's still working good I have sat on it by mistake and dropped it to But my best case is the original apple iPad case

lightspeed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum :)

I have been thinking about getting a screen protector but having now read your opinions and benefited from your experiences I have reached a decision. I won't get one. Thank you all.

Alot of people make that mistake, I'm sure you'll change your mind when you find a hairline scratch with no idea how it got there, or come to sell your iPad and get much less than others are going for. For $10-$20 is it worth the risk? Pretty cheap insurance in my mind.

Anyone else decided not to get a screen protector and regretted it months later? :eek:

Thanks,
Ed

cogboot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum :)

Alot of people make that mistake, I'm sure you'll change your mind when you find a hairline scratch with no idea how it got there, or come to sell your iPad and get much less than others are going for. For $10-$20 is it worth the risk? Pretty cheap insurance in my mind.

Anyone else decided not to get a screen protector and regretted it months later? :eek:

Thanks,
Ed

Thanks for your input Lightspeed. I will think about it some more..

C

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whoever said investment hit it on the nose. However, I'd suggest using a IS kiosk for installation. Best Buy in out town charges $14.99 to install an IS. It's a tad bit less responsive but nothing to really make me regretting the cost. I'd much rather have a scratched protector than a scratched screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick Burns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Going to be buying the iPad 2 this weekend with a SmartCover. Should I get the full-body invisishield installed on Day 1 or wait a bit?

Doowah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did not have a screen protector on my iPad and now has several scratches that I cannot get out. I am putting a protector on (bestskinsever - cheaper then Zagg but same product) my new iPad 2.

owencoffin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes Nick, install it as soon as you can

Yes Nick, by all means get it on day one and it really would be easier to get the folks at Best Buy to install it for you but if you want to do it yourself here are some tips:

1. Have at least 2 extra containers of the shield spray on hand and have a helper assist you. Using plenty of spray really is the key to success, unfortunately I can't find it in the stores anymore. You can order it from Zagg or find it on plenty of other web sites including Amazon.com. You might also try to ask the sales people at Best Buy or other stores for any extra containers of spay. The other day I was in a Best Buy and I asked the salesman if he could tell me why Zagg no longer sells spray solution separately and he opened a drawer and gave me a bottle.

2. Clear off your bathroom counter and prepare to use it as a work station to install your shield.

3. Lay a bath towel over the counter and turn on your shower on HOT to create steam. This will settle any dust in the bathroom and eliminate static electricity.

Have a soft cloth and a pair of scissors on the counter.(a cotton hand towel or dish towel will work nicely) Also have the extra 2 containers of spray on the counter. Also, believe it or not, have a credit card on the counter.

4. Open your Zagg screen shields paper envelope and pull out the contents which includes the screen shield itself and a container of spray and place them on the bathroom counter.

5. Wash your hands thoroughly and dry them completely.

6. Once the bathroom is full of steam, turn off the hot water and turn on the exhaust fan.

7. Clean the iPad screen with a good glass cleaner (I like Windex) and wipe it completely dry. Enter the bathroom with the iPad. Using the scissors open the plastic shield envelope. (if you need glasses to read like I do you'll want to be wearing them at this point)

8. Using the credit card and starting at the end of the screen protector that has the hole in the middle, begin to separate the paper backing from the Zagg screen protector film. At this point you'll want to start to use the spray. Spray your fingers and spray the newly exposed surfaces of both the paper backing and the screen shield. I cannot emphasis this too much: KEEP YOUR FINGERS WET AND keep all contact surfaces wet.

9. Using the clean hand or dish towel wipe any moisture from the iPad screen. Cover the screen with spray. Peal away the paper backing and cover the Zagg Shield with spray. Begin to apply the now completely wet Zagg screen to the completely wet iPad screen starting with the bottom of the iPad where the Home button is located. Always use plenty of spray to keep both contact surfaces as well as your fingers covered in spray solution. Concentrate on matching the hole in the Zagg screen shield to the Home Button on the iPad itself. Try to get the Shield's hole to match the iPads Home button as closely as possible but remember, the Zagg solution dries quickly so time is of the essence.

Ok, now this is going to sound crazy but DON'T WORRY ABOUT BUBBLES!

You certainly don't want any actual wrinkles in the Zagg screen but bubbles are NOT an issue. Zagg ships a useless little squeegee with every screen protector but I don't use it. I use the cloth towel to make sure the screen protector is free of wrinkles and I even push out the huge bubbles but I ignore all but the biggest ones.

Concentrate on getting the Shield aligned properly on the iPad but don't worry at all about the bubbles because the beauty of the Zagg Screen Shield is that it is micro porous and because it "heals" any bubbles will go away on their own, it's that simple. It will LOOK crazy when you're done and you'll think I'm out of my mind but the next day you'll be amazed at how the little bubbles have disappeared and the big ones have gotten smaller. This will continue until all bubbles have disappeared (possibly a week or even longer).

All you need to concentrate on is not getting any body hairs (primarily from your hands which is why you want to keep fingers wet) or dust (the reason for the steam) from showing up under the Zagg shield when your done.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Most reactions