What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zagg Invisible Shield - Application????

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad has arrived! 1 day ahead of its ship date. Thank you Apple.

I had my Zagg invisible shield here and ready to go. I am not happy with how it is looking.

First it sez to spray both sides of the invisible shield with SHIELDSpray & then place it down on the screen. I did so very reluctantly as I am now putting a liquid (via the invisible shield) down on my virgin screen and as I squeegee out the protector the liquid is coming out the edges too. (Yes, I did spray it very lightly.) Now that it is applied its got splotches....which I think is related to the liquid.

Hints, thoughts, on removing the splotches and how weird is it to use the liquid Shieldspray on the screen? Should I be freaked out?

Thanks.
CM

robsoule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My local Best Buy store said they could install/apply the Zagg shield for only 8 bucks (after you purchase it) and then replacements would only be $8 each time I wanted to replace it. Life time guarantee I guess. Check it out!

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The invisible shield is fairly easy to apply, but takes some finesse on a large surface. You don't have to submerge it to get both of them wet, in my opinion,it shouldnt hurt the iPad. I've used it on much more fragile radio electronics and it's worked fine for me. If you squeegee it correctly and have some small air bubbles, let it sit in the sun for a lil bit and it will cure and straighten out A LOT. When you say splotches I'm not sure how big you're talking about.

If you screwed up your invisishield, contact zaggs and they'll probably ship you a new one free of charge. They have EXCELLENT customer service

Last edited:

taudelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg has a video on their website that demonstrates the installation.

Don't spray the iPad and keep paper towels handy on the sides to absorb the excess solution you squeegie out. There is a moisture detector on one of the sides that will trigger if too much solution gets into it. That will void your Apple warranty and give you lots of headaches with AppleCare.

Definitely spray your fingers and hands first. I was successful in laying the shield on a microfiber towel sticky side up, generously spraying the sticky side, placing the shield on the iPad, then spraying the shield lightly again before moving the shield into place and using the squeegie. They recommend not using the device for 24 hours or so after application; I only let it sit overnight before I started using it and it took a little while more to cure. As it cures, it will smooth out and the micro-bubbles do come out.

Don't pay Best Buy to install it! You have no idea what they may do to screw up your iPad (see moisture note above).

taudelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, that has happened to mine. I have the invisible shield on front and back and I also use the Apple iPad case. When I remove the iPad from the case, the rear invisible shield is stained purplish color along the edges and where the slot on the case is for setting it up as a wedge stand. It seems to be only cosmetic, so I'm not worried about it. I'm sure Zagg would replace it if I asked them to when I save up enough to switch to a Piel Frama case :).

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg has replaced invisishields for me in the past because of me damaging them and also because my phones screwed up, so when I got my replacements they sent me a new shield.

I've offered to pay because I'm not one to screw something up, then take it back to the store and ask for a refund, but they were more than helpful and insisted on replacing them. The iPad shield is big so I don't know about their customer service policies with it, just sharing my past experiences.

Most reactions

Latest posts