What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube download issue

Kenstephens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Loving my new iPad 3. There's only 1 thing that's not working well for me and unfortunately it's something I do every day. That is, watch YouTube vids.

On my MacBook I'll click on 3 or4 vids to get them downloading, then I'll go browse other stuff until they're ready to watch. That just isn't working on the iPad. For a start all YouTube vids go the app so I can only have 1 going at any time. Second, if I leave the app to look at a web page or my email, not only does the vid stop downloading, but it goes back to start. So I am forced to put the iPad down and twiddle my thumbs until the vid is downloaded enough to finish without interruption, and then repeat that process for every vid I want to watch.

Nor can I find a way to tell the YouTube app I want a lower quality download so I can get it faster.

The story is similar with Vimeo vids, although at least I can have several open at once in Safari.

Am I doing something wrong? Surely there must be a way to have a better experience than this?

Any advice welcome, thanks,

Ken

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am using MxTube.It will download multiple videos at the same time and you can select what quality you want to download.

Most reactions