What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube App

davey123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I updated my iPad to ios6 I noticed that I am missing my YouTube app. Has anyone else had this problem?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
YouTube is no longer part of iOS. It is now necessary to use an app to access YouTube. I recommend Jasmine, which is free from the app store.

Alternatively, you can access YouTube in Safari.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
D

davey123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
YouTube is no longer part of iOS. It is now necessary to use an app to access YouTube. I recommend Jasmine, which is free from the app store.

Alternatively, you can access YouTube in Safari.

Thanks. I downloaded the Jasmine app.

G_Core

iPF Noob
Reaction score
davey123 said:
Thanks. I downloaded the Jasmine app.

Does jasmine works on you device because when ever I try to play a video on it I get a pop-up that says " YouTube cannot restrict feeds for this video " what can I do?!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Download YouPlayer instead. It plays just about everything, and it's free.

If you are set on using Jasmine, it's just a matter of waiting for the dev to figure out what's going on.

fiat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kevin, I installed YouPlayer and it's fine to search and play youtube video. However, I have problem of saving video after watching them. At least, how do I build up a playlist (or historylist) that I can watch them later? Or is there other free app let me do so? Thanks for help. (I don't have a google acc and I don't intend to)

G_Core

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Download YouPlayer instead. It plays just about everything, and it's free.

If you are set on using Jasmine, it's just a matter of waiting for the dev to figure out what's going on.

Dev?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
fiat said:
Kevin, I installed YouPlayer and it's fine to search and play youtube video. However, I have problem of saving video after watching them. At least, how do I build up a playlist (or historylist) that I can watch them later? Or is there other free app let me do so? Thanks for help. (I don't have a google acc and I don't intend to)

I don't know. I've had a YouTube account for years. I found it useful for history and playlists etc. maybe someone knows how to store playlists locally?

Most reactions

Latest posts