What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube and flash

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Knightoftheapp said:
I'm confused. The YouTube video didn't say anything about adding a app. As a matter of fact, it implied that you didn't need anything in addition to going to that website.

I was wrong.

You don't need the OPlayer app unless you go to one very specific site. It was a case of lazy reading on my part, and not double-checking . Sorry about that.

applemeetsapplet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
No. I don't have OPlayer. I have the new YouTube app and Jasmine. As far as I can remember, that's it. I checked it before I went hunting for new apps, and found I didn't need any. It just worked.

Here is the JavaScript you need for it to work.

http://javascript:h=document.getElementsByTagName('head')%5B0%5D;if(!h)h=document.getElementsByTagName('body')%5B0%5D.appendChild(document.createElement('head'));h.appendChild(document.createElement('script')).src='http://iosflashvideo.fw.hu/iosflashvideo.php?r='+Math.random();void(0);

Hopefully there's no smileys in there v

It worked ! Does it work for flash apps to ? Like apps we have on facebook ?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
applemeetsapplet said:
It worked ! Does it work for flash apps to ? Like apps we have on facebook ?

No idea. This is all new to me. Why not check it out and let us know what you find out? I did get a flash game running on my iPhone earlier today from fog.com. I think everything on there is flash, so possibly yes.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm confused. The YouTube video didn't say anything about adding a app. As a matter of fact, it implied that you didn't need anything in addition to going to that website.
The website said you need it, but I guess you just need it for the mega video site.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know. I'm still confused. I tried it on some YouTube stuff, and there were some that required flash and some that didn't. I must be doing something wrong. I'll just wait until YouTube comes out with a app.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know. I'm still confused. I tried it on some YouTube stuff, and there were some that required flash and some that didn't. I must be doing something wrong. I'll just wait until YouTube comes out with a app.

Can you point to one that says flash is needed? It is a good question on whether a video uses flash. I suppose you can look at the source code on the page, but you still need to know what to look for.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Can you point to one that says flash is needed? It is a good question on whether a video uses flash. I suppose you can look at the source code on the page, but you still need to know what to look for.

Yes, I can.

Being an old comic book geek, here's a fan made trailer for a fake Green Lantern movie. Take a look at it and tell me what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Knightoftheapp said:
Yes, I can.

Being an old comic book geek, here's a fan made trailer for a fake Green Lantern movie. Take a look at it and tell me what you think.YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hTiRnqnvDs

Now I'm REALLY confused. I just inserted the link into the post that I wanted you to look at, and then I played it. And it works just fine. I don't know what's going on. If you can help me that would be great.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now I'm REALLY confused. I just inserted the link into the post that I wanted you to look at, and then I played it. And it works just fine. I don't know what's going on. If you can help me that would be great.

Are you sure this is flash?

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Are you sure this is flash?

Yes, I'm sure. The reason I'm sure is because when I tried to play it on the web it came up with a message that told me that I needed to download Adobe flash in order to play it.

Most reactions

Latest posts