What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube and flash

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
OK. You have to understand I'm not used to seeing Flash video, so this comes as something of a shock.

So I followed the instructions on the video, and went to the suggested pages and played a couple of videos. They played just fine. OK, thinks me, they might not be Flash videos, so I thought, lets check 'em on the iPhone. I hadn't monkeyed with the bookmarks, so it should be a good control.

I've just learned something else. My iDevices sync bookmarks, and the video played on there too.

I think you have just rendered obsolete about 2000 threads on iPF. What a find! Well done!

That's great that it worked for you! But when I tried it, I got this stupid message. Can you help me? Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• image-426556372.jpg
    image-426556372.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 191

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. All you need is to have the bookmark in Safari. Once it's there you can ignore it, and browse the web. Flash video will just play in Safari automatically. I went to a site that is loaded with Flash games to check it out, and the first one I checked out played like it would on Internet Explorer.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's great that it worked for you! But when I tried it, I got this stupid message. Can you help me? Thanks for your time.

The instruction page for the bookmarklett said something about needing OPlayer installed.

http://iosflashvideo.fw.hu

Which kind of gives the lie to not needing to download an app, but it does look like a neater solution that a Flash browser.

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's good. The wording does suggest that OPlayer is only needed for the one site.

Thanks for cleaning up the link. That should make it easier for others. I'm still thinking about it; but I can't think of a single site I normally go to that I'd need it.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I appear to have it working using the JS Kevin provided. How can you be sure that nfl.com video is flash based?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't need flash either, but it sure would be nice to put this into a sticky for when folks come asking about playing their flash vids that
they love so much.

Last edited:

MB50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This maybe a dumb question, but how do you know if a website is running flash?, I want to play video from oc16tv but I can't figure out why it won't play. I did what the YouTube video said to do and I'm able to play the link posted above but can't play video from
http://www.OC16.tv/

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
MB50 said:
This maybe a dumb question, but how do you know if a website is running flash?, I want to play video from oc16tv but I can't figure out why it won't play. I did what the YouTube video said to do and I'm able to play the link posted above but can't play video from
http://www.OC16.tv/

Looks like that's a different issue. The site tries to load it's own video player, rather than relying on a built in one.

MB50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can watch it on my laptop no problem, sure like to be able to watch it on my iPad, if anybody else has any ideas please lmk
Thanks

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm confused. The YouTube video didn't say anything about adding a app. As a matter of fact, it implied that you didn't need anything in addition to going to that website.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Knightoftheapp said:
I'm confused. The YouTube video didn't say anything about adding a app. As a matter of fact, it implied that you didn't need anything in addition to going to that website.

It mentioned OPlayer there somewhere, but I found that it worked without it.

Most reactions