What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You're stranded on a desert island...

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...with your iPad as your sole source of entertainment.

It's a 16GB wifi model.

What apps, music, books and videos/movies would you want on it that could keep you occupied for a long stretch of time, in between finding food and shelter, while awaiting rescue?

For reality's sake, let's assume that somehow you have a solar-powered dohickey that would allow you to charge up you iPad when needed.

Discuss.

Jim B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forget reality, I'd rather go back in time, say twenty years, with this thing and somehow have an internet feed to the future and go show people how amazing the ipad is!

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The idea is, what apps do you absolutely need and what music and videos could you listen/watch over and over?

SylvieB1984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forget reality, I'd rather go back in time, say twenty years, with this thing and somehow have an internet feed to the future and go show people how amazing the ipad is!

hahaha I like this idea. Even if I was only 7 20 years ago, I can imagine how cool I would have thought it was. Even if we went back like 12-15 years it would have been pretty cool to see all that the Ipad could do way back then!

To answer the original questions, I would need to have music of every genre, that way I won't get sick of one type. and LOTS of movies. Drama's, thrillers and comedies. Oh and an e-reader app of some sort also.

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But you only have 16GB to do it with.

For example: My 16GB iPad has 442 songs (including every Beatles song and Glee song available), 496 photos, 81 apps, 1 full-length movie, 4 1-hour TV shows and 1 30-minute TV show and still has 2.5GBs free.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
honestly, i dont think ipad will suffice! i still want good food! lol

Wontoncookie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
robertlc said:
...with your iPad as your sole source of entertainment.

It's a 16GB wifi model.

What apps, music, books and videos/movies would you want on it that could keep you occupied for a long stretch of time, in between finding food and shelter, while awaiting rescue?

For reality's sake, let's assume that somehow you have a solar-powered dohickey that would allow you to charge up you iPad when needed.

Discuss.

simple jack lol

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, hell! That's a hard question! Okay definitely a movie, music mostly, my diary app, games and some tv.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some Andre Rieu CDs and DVDs and some xxx videos should keep me occupied until the cute blonde swam up onto the beach.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
cute Al. She'd bore you silly and you'd revert back to your paddy in no time!

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayless, I can only dream of such boredom,or untill the guys in the white suits and the net catch me.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dream, dream dream. When I need you... That's a song as well. Sorry! Every time my teacher friend and I say something or someone else does we can't help thinking of a song that matches. It's a music thing, he's a musician and I love music. Yes, we really are that sad!

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then I must be sad also because thats the way it is with me,my wife says something and I turn it into a song,I also do it with accents,German,French, OZ,even a British one, such as "I'm Getting Married in The Morning So Get me To The Church On Time"Weird isn't it.

Al.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, I perfectly understand. It's normal for us but weird for others. And I love that song as well. The old songs are still the best. I love Audrey Hepburn in that film and also in funny face with Fred Astaire. S'wonderful, s'marvelous. Great song near the end.

Most reactions

Latest posts