What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your request could not be completed - why?

Escadajr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have received this message "Your request could not be completed" from App Store for several applications, mainly games, when I follow a link from sites or from AppShopper. For example, the "Back to the future - Ep. 1" adventure game.

If I search for the application in the App Store, I get a null result.

Well, I'm not in USA. I'm in Brazil - a reasonably neutral country, as far as I know. Are there restrictions in use that prohibits outsiders to download certain apps? If so, why? It's not a currency problem, my international credit card is charged in US dollars. Are games a sensitive application?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a copyright issue. Certain apps have content that belongs to a media company or individual and the release of that copyrighted material is not yet negotiated in your country.

For example, in the UK, we can download the BBC iPlayer app but it's not available in any other country because of licensing restriction.

Similarly the Netflix app, which is available in the US, is not available in the UK because of media copyright restrictions.

Tim

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This explains why I cannot down load fanhatten in Australia.
Thanks.
Kept getting the same messages

leolaksi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For fanhatten and other US apps you have to be eligible to access the US store. That requires an US credit card with an US address. You don't have to be in the US. Some e-retailers require that your IP address also be located in the US. Apple doesn't.

Most reactions

Latest posts