What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You upset because your Ipad doesn't have Flash? Here's a way to feel the joy

Reaction score
Some fine folks on this forum turned me on to an app called Puffin Browser. It's .99 only and works very well.
Before some try to turn this into a why or why not, dead technology, why people who still use it are stupid , etc,I ask please leave the fanboyism at the door .
Just like any Flash experience, your mileage will be affected by connection speeds so please remember Flash is slow and clunky on any browser, it's not your Ipad or ios if you get laggy video/audio and your battery life suffers.
If , like my family, you have a need to use Flash on your Ipad or else fire up the pc, Puffin is a great workaround to be able to feel the love of using your Ipad that much more and is a LOT cheaper than another tablet/netbook/laptop/pc. In this day and age of "time is money" business philosophy using only 1 device is like getting a raise. Is having 1 device you thoroughly enjoy using worth another .99 to be able to enjoy more and be more productive? Puffin may well be the answer until the Techno folks decide on 1 rendering of all websites.
Disclaimer: this is all my opinion and in no way is to be interpreted as endorsing any product.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

KekszNET

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is that really so good? How is this browser dealing with normal webpages they are for example optimized for IE, or Firefox!?

OP
Mountainbikermark
Reaction score
Think Safari minus the "X" on Flash stuff. If you're not happy with Safari for regular browsing skip this one too though I have found it loads faster than Safari

Support Our Troops!!

Last edited:

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
APP:
NOTEBOOK APP:
I'm looking for an appt just like a regular notebook with dividers (subjects) and tabs. Does anyone know if this app exists?

Jim B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried the Sirius radio app, still isn't working with sound as of yesterday, here's more feedback:

#1 Flash has no sound
david Posted on: 12/13 15:55
It's nice to have a browser that allows you to play flash on the iPad. Unfortunately, Puffin plays flash slowly and with no sound. Is there a way for Puffin to play sound from flash videos?

#2 Re: Flash has no sound
Sdock99 Posted on: 12/14 0:41
Confirmed - no sound on my IPad.

#3 Re: Flash has no sound
TK Posted on: 12/18 8:43
No sound on my iPad too. Have we heard any official response on it?

#4 Re: Flash has no sound
Support Posted on: 12/28 20:44
Puffin doesn't support Flash sound now. We are current working on this.

OP
Mountainbikermark
Reaction score
Weird . It plays the sound fine on PBS Kids games and none of the other stuff we use it for has a need for sound

Support Our Troops!!

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
How does this browser deal with videos? ie TV catch up channels?

If it deals well with these sorts of websites then this App really is worthwhile in my opinion. Is there a lite version to 'try before you buy'

timmy toad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi chaps i downloaded PUFFIN hoping it would display Flash stuff but it doesn't work, it just shows a red F (similar to the Facebook F) in the middle of the space where the Flash stuff should be.

Maybe i should start another thread.

here is the site i would like to see.

tim

Last edited by a moderator:

Khenic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Press the red F that you see where the video would be to make it play.

Khenic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried this browser, but the sites I tried it on, they worked better with Skyfire over this browser.

Most reactions

Latest posts