What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You tube missing after update?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
YouTube is no longer a native app under iOS 6.

You have to download the YouTube app or use Safari.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry to burst your bubble but there's no default YouTube on iOS 6. there's a ton of threads on people asking about this. You can download the new YouTube app off AppStore which for now is only supported for the iPhone.

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bluray said:
Sorry to burst your bubble but there's no default YouTube on iOS 6. there's a ton of threads on people asking about this. You can download the new YouTube app off AppStore which for now is only supported for the iPhone.

Wow...that stinks and makes no sense!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thewitt said:
The license for Apple to distribute the YouTube app expired, so Google will be providing an app fom now on, not Apple.

Given the current relationship between Apple and Google, Apple likely had no interest in renewing the licence.

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thewitt said:
The license for Apple to distribute the YouTube app expired, so Google will be providing an app fom now on, not Apple.

Can I get a google app on my iPad?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
anmanwar said:
Can I get a google app on my iPad?

Just go to the App Store and search for YouTube under iPhone apps. An iPad version of the app hasn't been released yet.

muljono

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What a set back... ios 6 without youtube....

How can I watch youtube in my AppleTV?

garstongal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
muljono said:
What a set back... ios 6 without youtube....

How can I watch youtube in my AppleTV?

Go to YouTube in Safari, click on the curved arrow in the box on the grey toolbar near bookmarks, then select Add to Home Screen...bingo...

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I feel the more Apple become hard nosed to the third party program developers , and they try to develop their own programs that already are being used by million's of people. They will force many Apple users to start moving to the Androids. They just have to look back at Microsoft to get an idea of what can happen. People like to use what they want not what someone try's to force them to use.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Given the current relationship between Apple and Google, Apple likely had no interest in renewing the licence.

Though its impossible for any of us to know the terms of the contract, these companies are competitors in the mobile OS market. I'm frankly surprised that Google had such a strong presence in iOS for so long.

I doubt very much I would have done the same if I were Apple.

sunshyne0919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
garstongal said:
Go to YouTube in Safari, click on the curved arrow in the box on the grey toolbar near bookmarks, then select Add to Home Screen...bingo...

Yay. Thank u. I did it effortlessly.

Most reactions

Latest posts