What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You can use FLASH for web pages on ipad3 with Photon browser!

Adrian23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello ive not yet recieved my ipad3 yet but ive found what appears to be a solution to view flash based web pages. If you guys are already aware of this please disregard.

Photon Flash Player Browser

Thoughts or opinions would be great.

Last edited:

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Adrian23 said:
Hello ive not yet recieved my ipad3 yet but ive found what appears to be a solution to view flash based web pages. If you guys are already aware of this please disregard.

Photon Flash Player Browser

Thoughts or opinions would be great.

IMHO it is always worth to look out for the ratings the Apps have on the appstore -in the German Appstore the rating is not very good for this browser.
Anybody having experience with it? How are the comments in other stores??

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hpulmer said:
IMHO it is always worth to look out for the ratings the Apps have on the appstore -in the German Appstore the rating is not very good for this browser.
Anybody having experience with it? How are the comments in other stores??

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Only mediocre ratings on the UK App Store.

The Archangel

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Forget the ratings, Photon is the best IHMO.

That said the ratings in the US App Store are 3 1/2 stars. I'd give it a 5!

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just downloaded Photon. Like the interface but cannot seem to be able to watch my Letmewatchthis movie site. Can see it on Swifter though. I guess each of these apps that facilitate flash is good in its own way.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
When will peeps realise. There is no and never will be no Flash player substitute on the iPad unless it's the original flash player, which won't happen, and if it does it'll probably run dodgy. ALL so called flash enabled or compatible browsers I've used to date are crappy. I don't want to switch between several browsers just to find the one that suits the type of flash a site requires. There is no and never will be a 1 stop shop worth a look.

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
michali said:
Just downloaded Photon. Like the interface but cannot seem to be able to watch my Letmewatchthis movie site. Can see it on Swifter though. I guess each of these apps that facilitate flash is good in its own way.

Did you click the lightening bolt icon?

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
michali said:

I just tried the site, but it wants to charge my credit card for a free account. So I didn't continue. My only interest is to see if the site works with Photon browser or not.

Just be sure you click the lightening bolt icon near the upper right corner. That puts the browser in a remote desktop type of mode. That is, the browser is running on a remote server and not your iPad.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I clicked that and other sites work but that one just opens other windows and not the film I want to see. I will keep trying...there is probably a technique I am missing!

Most reactions

Latest posts