What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yellow spots/LED light spill

deymanuel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im not sure if anybody has posted a topic same as this one, but if so please feel free to erase it.

has any body noticed some yellow light emitted from some of the corners and sides of the screen? i noticed some on mine yesterday when i felt some part of the screen generating heat, so i restarted my ipad. during the start up i noticed these spots on the sides. they look like light spills.

4743585835_b170ecc5db_b.jpg

so i went to apple store to get it checked. they were shocked too to see these spots so they tested a another unit and found some light spills as well... they suggested that i have it replaced while it's still within the 14 days return period. but they did not give an assurance that the new unit will be perfect coz they think that the flaw is within the production of the product.

if you want to check yours just go in a totally dark room and put a black BG on your ipad. they may show a bit faint but if you take a photo you'll notice the spilling light.

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
What is a BG LIGHT?

Use something with a black background.

I've heard about this popping up on a couple different new screens across multiple devices. Some have even said it will actually settle in shortly as it has something to do with adhesives within the glass settling in. Don't ask for details on that one, it's out of my league. Just what I read.

OP
D

deymanuel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is a BG LIGHT?

I've heard about this popping up on a couple different new screens across multiple devices. Some have even said it will actually settle in shortly as it has something to do with adhesives within the glass settling in. Don't ask for details on that one, it's out of my league. Just what I read.

i think that issue is apparent with the new iphone4. im not really sure if it's the same phenomenon coz this one is definitely coming from the LEDs but the the iphone4 you can see them even on the centre of the screen... i was also informed that ipads are back-lit LCD not side-lit so there should be no discolouration on the screen.

anyways the replacement is on it's way. just waiting for the email for pickup:D

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What is a BG LIGHT?

i think that issue is apparent with the new iphone4. im not really sure if it's the same phenomenon coz this one is definitely coming from the LEDs but the the iphone4 you can see them even on the centre of the screen... i was also informed that ipads are back-lit LCD not side-lit so there should be no discolouration on the screen.

anyways the replacement is on it's way. just waiting for the email for pickup:D

Don't stress about the 14 days, this would be a warranty issue and they'll replace iPads for less.

Just walk into any apple store and you'll be good as new. The people there are awesome from all my dealings.

Most reactions

Latest posts