What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yahoo email account won't work after password change

dresdenron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife changed her Yahoo email password using my WIN laptop. It works fine on the laptop. But now she gets an "apple.yahoo mail smtp server..."error when she tries to login to her yahoo mail account from her IPAD or Iphone using her new password. Several forums have said to go into the SMTP mail account settings and change her password there also. But those settings are "greyed out" so they can't be changed. Is there any simple procedure for changing an email password over 3 devices such as these? These have worked fine for yahoo mail for a long time with the old password ?

Thank you for your time

Ron

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried deleting the account from the iPad, then re-installing it? After re-installing the account, try signing in with the new password.

OP
D

dresdenron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried deleting the account from the iPad, then re-installing it? After re-installing the account, try signing in with the new password.

I had read several threads in various forums that said to not do that. But, if I do that, does it only remove the account name from the settings and does not affect the contents of the email account, correct?

If you have to do that every time you change an email password that is not very user friendly. Like I said the Windows laptop doesn't have a problem just the Apple devices.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The account will be removed from your iPad, when you delete it. This doesn't have an effect on the content of your account, as it's stored on a server, and not on the iPad, if Server is enabled here:
IMG_6753.JPG

@scifan57 is right. If you can't change the password in the account's settings itself, the only way to change to the new one, is deleting the account, and reinstalling it with the new password.

Most reactions

Latest posts