What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wyse PocketCloud

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im surprised that this hasnt been mentioned among the other vnc clients. this one actually streams sound, and at pretty good quality. Over WiFi, Ive found that the video quality is better than iTeleport. another interesting thing is that, unlike iTeleport, it actually converts the computer to run at 1024x768, even though on the computer itself, it can still be a higher res. and it doesnt just resize it either - the taskbar and items are all what it would look like had the computer been set to this resolution. its almost as if it initiates a virtual version of windows, as the person sitting at the computer sees nothing happening.. it just sits at the login screen.

maybe its new and im just behind the times, but the fact that it gets audio is sweet!

When watching hulu videos, though, its a bit slow.. but still better than other VNC apps ive used. My question is: If my computer was faster and i had an 802.11n, do you think i could watch hulu apps without any slowdown?

I love the app though. there are some bugs, but its almost as if your tablet is running Windows. i also wonder if i had Windows 7, if it would be optimized for touch, since W7 has the capability. It also allows you to use some terminal as well.. although i dont know much about it.

let me know what you guys think! (Sorry for the crappy punctuation - i typed this from Wyse and keep forgetting that it doesnt autopunctuate because im not using my ipad

mgamber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a very nice computer and fast network and it's still pretty jerky when watching the local hockey and baseball team's streaming flash of live games. The sound does more than make up for it tho. Maybe if you make the resolution really low and then play the video full screen at that resolution it might speed things up but I don't quote me on that. Still, I think Wyse is by far the best remote app, RDP or VNC.

Most reactions

Latest posts