What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help on using old ipad shsh blobs on new ipad

lalalinda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

My old ipad shipped with 3.2.2 was jailbroken with green poison. used it for about 4 months then for the last 2 wks the ipad was moving and selecting things on its own! almost like it was haunted.

i tried everything from upgrade firmware to 4.2.1 then tried to jailbreak using redsn0w (didnt work), reset, hard reset, restore with back up, and restore as new ipad. still did the same thing. regrettably i brought it back to the apple store commented they never seen an ipad act on its own (go to itunes, wiki, check my email... general settings etc ALL BY ITSELF) so they gave me a new one.

I saved the shsh blobs and have the 7b500 from my old ipad. I understand that for the time being if i want a jailbreak then i will need to have it teathered. before my ipad went crazy i never had to reboot it anyways so it dosent matter.

my question is

1.can i use my blobs from old ipad on new ipad?

2.if yes step by step instructions ( im using windows 7)

3.can someone pleeaaasseee tell me how to jailbreak ipad 4.2.1. step by step with working link to the jail break.

4.if not can i downgrade the firmware to 3.2.2?? considering this is a new ipad and not one that was upgraded, im not sure.

Thanks

edit:

ok, ive finally jailbroken with Redsn0w 0.9.6rc8 in windows xp compatibility mode ran as administrator. is it necessary or possible to put the old baseband on?

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you got 4.2.1 jailbroken.

To answer your last question, it is not necessary or possible at this time to downgrade the iPad baseband.

Also, to answer the first question, you cannot use SHSH blobs from another device. Otherwise we'd all just share them and there would be no point to them, right?

mathen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

My old ipad shipped with 3.2.2 was jailbroken with green poison. used it for about 4 months then for the last 2 wks the ipad was moving and selecting things on its own! almost like it was haunted.

i tried everything from upgrade firmware to 4.2.1 then tried to jailbreak using redsn0w (didnt work), reset, hard reset, restore with back up, and restore as new ipad. still did the same thing. regrettably i brought it back to the apple store commented they never seen an ipad act on its own (go to itunes, wiki, check my email... general settings etc ALL BY ITSELF) so they gave me a new one.

I saved the shsh blobs and have the 7b500 from my old ipad. I understand that for the time being if i want a jailbreak then i will need to have it teathered. before my ipad went crazy i never had to reboot it anyways so it dosent matter.

my question is

1.can i use my blobs from old ipad on new ipad?

2.if yes step by step instructions ( im using windows 7)

3.can someone pleeaaasseee tell me how to jailbreak ipad 4.2.1. step by step with working link to the jail break.

4.if not can i downgrade the firmware to 3.2.2?? considering this is a new ipad and not one that was upgraded, im not sure.

Thanks

edit:

ok, ive finally jailbroken with Redsn0w 0.9.6rc8 in windows xp compatibility mode ran as administrator. is it necessary or possible to put the old baseband on?

Ok ,so can you just tell me how did you jailbreak it, any link? Do you face any problems ?

OP
L

lalalinda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
new problem

ok, installous wasnt working so i rebooted it and now it just has a black screen, and itunes and tinyumbrella cant see the ipad. when i hold home and power for 10 sec, i get the apple logo and my computer is telling me it cant reconize the ipad.

dfu doesnt work and since i've been diagnosing ipad for pretty much 2 wks now i do know what i'm doing when it comes to dfu.

the only life i get from my ipad is the apple logo and the little moving circle thing which is stuck. otherwise the screen is OFF and unresponsive to anything aside from me holding home and power for 10 sec. if i let go of power and keep holding home, i can hear the ipad connect to the computer but there is no recognition from itunes or tiny umbrella.

arrrggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

any help is appreciated.

sh0nuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dunno how you got it stuck without being able to get it into dfu mode... Did you try going through the redsn0w process to see if that works?

OP
L

lalalinda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i tried and tried again to get it into dfu. and it just wouldnt work. everytime i plugged it in, it would show the apple sign and i couldnt turn it off.

my computer said the device was malfunctioned and it couldnt read the device.

after about 2 hours, itunes saw the device again, restored, jailbreak.

still not sure how that mess happened but hopefully it wont happen again.

cant wait for the unteathered.

Most reactions