What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrong date in Photos app in Years- can I change it?

SueinOz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,
I transferred some photos yesterday from my PC and the first lot had the right date. Yesterday's date. The next ones say 1 Jan 1980. So they appear at the top and have added the new 1980 date to the Years section.
The photos were taken last week and emailed to us then saved then transferred.
Is there any way to change the date within the Photos app?
I'm still on iOS 7 at the moment. I suppose I need to change soon anyway!

Thanks Sue.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not in the Photos app. There is no way to edit metadata in the Photos app. You'll need a third party app to do it, then save it back to the Photos app when done. Sorry, I don't know of an app off the top of my head.

That, or edit it on the computer and save it back from there.

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, who i change or correct date of my photos because when I call list movement wise its shuffle all list and plz also guide me where I post my views regarding likes changing ios8.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, who i change or correct date of my photos because when I call list movement wise its shuffle all list and plz also guide me where I post my views regarding likes changing ios8.
Hi jaba123...your other post asking the same question in another thread has been deleted as it may lead to confusion for members as to which thread to answer. Kindly note also that such fragmentation of a topic is against the forum rules. Hopefully another member may soon propose a solution to your problem.

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok boss, but really I still not 100% understand how to run this forum IPF is sample to run and fellow as u can chk I ask one of ur moderate also in past conversation no problem I will take care in upcoming days.

Most reactions